Skip to main content

Feeling Gooooooood

Wow! I couldn't feel better about my training. Foot is healed and I'm off the meds. Monday was a long ride of 65 miles on Seduza. It felt great to be out on my bike for over 3 hours. I've been putting in 250+ mile weeks for the past couple of weeks, but none of those bike rides have been over 3 hours. Just lots and lots and lots of time on my bike. It is so important to build the base, especially since I LOVE interval training and pushing hard. I don't really find the long miles boring (especially since I'll be spending the WHOLE summer getting ready for Kona) but I love the feeling of a hard interval workout (running/cycling) and feeling dead tired at the end and just loving it. I hope it isn't just me, but as long as I am injury free...I crave the endorphins!
This morning was swim practice-just me and the guys. There was 5 of us in the pool as the temperature stayed at 40 degrees while we were swimming. At least the cold weather keeps you IN the pool...not wanting to get out! The main set was 8 x 125 on 1:50 for me and I found myself pushing hard but getting over 10 seconds rest. That'll do for now and I am really amazed with how far my swimming has come. Matt Hess has done a great job pushing me and keeping me motivated to push hard in the water. I know I can't win the Ironman in the swim (ok-I know I can't win the Ironman all together!) but at least I can now see myself breaking 1-hour in the 2.4 mile swim at Kona. Let's hope for the best..I've still got plenty of months to go! Quickly ran to the locker room (in the cold, that run to the locker room can seem like a marathon!) and got myself ready for my run. Ran 6.5 miles with plenty of intervals and even found myself running 9 mph at a HR that wasn't too high. Looks like things are coming together...YAY!
Started to coach a lot more and just loving it! I LOVE helping people and especially with triathlons and sports nutrition!
It's a shame I won't be here this weekend, but I hope everyone has fun either racing in Clermont for the Florida Great Escape or watching/racing in the Gearlink Cup. Whatever you are doing....Good luck and Have fun! And don't forget to feel good while you are doing it!