Skip to main content

Goals and staying motivated


Busy busy...What's new! I LOVE my wednesdays, or at least the start of the day. I teach a wonderful group of people on wednesday morning, from the gym enthusiast to the active cyclist. We had an awesome spin class and although it is 5:45am when we start, everyone works hard and we have a lot of fun. I can't believe they put up with my cheering for 45 minutes. I work them hard, that's for sure! If you are ever near the North Pinellas YMCA, call ahead and reserve a bike for my kick-butt spin class! Next I was off to the treadmill for a45 minute run. WOW- 6+ miles again and feeling great! More intervals and I really worked hard today. Still working on the endurance, but I feel good that my speed is somewhat back. I rather be running aerobically for hours, but the intervals keep me entertained. I really enjoy running on the treadmill (if you haven't noticed) but there's nothing like a nice long run on an early summer day. The rest of the day was filled with one session of Personal Training and scheduling nutrition consultations, writing workouts, doing some outreach and answering emails. I'm really enjoying getting a taste of triathlon season, through my writing and helping others. I've also been super busy running all around town doing outreach for Iron Girl! I absolutely LOVE doing outreach and telling people about upcoming races and events. Anything to meet and greet a potential newbie triathlete! I have a lot of people ask me how I fit everything in and still keep a positive attitude??.....Well, I keep my goals in mind and it really helps to keep me motivated. Plus, it takes a lot more energy to complain and re-think a situation, rather than getting the task done when it is assigned. After swim practice and a bike ride with Karel in the morning, I'm off to Michigan tomorrow mid-morning to visit my brother...I'm sure the posts will continue as I am FREEZING my little bum off in Ann Arbor!
Don't forget to check out the Gearlink Cup race this saturday in palm harbor!