Skip to main content

Lots of news...

First off..Happy St.Patrick's day to my Irish friends or anyone else celebrating the holiday. Good luck to my brother and the University of Michigan Gymastics team who are at Ohio State today for a meet! GO BLUE Looks like Kentucky survived the first round and they are off to the second round of basketball on sunday....GO WILDCATS! I want to give a BIG congrats to my friend Hunter who competed in his first International Distance triathlon (2nd triathlon) this morning in Ft.Desoto. Not only was it super windy but he had a great race in a stellar time of 2:15!!!! WOW HUnter...looks like we have a superstar in the making. Isn't it great to plan a race and then race your plan! Congrats again..see ya on the trail and in the pool! I decided to pass on the Gearlink ride this morning and keep it entirely solo. No fun getting dropped and although I know I don't "draft" properly and my fitness is not at the level of the guys, I have no trouble pushing myself..especially on a day like today! While my average was 17.5 for 3 hours and 15 minutes (56 miles) I had my moments. Never did I get frustrated, hit a wall or feel fatigued, but it took a lot of strength to not turn around in the solid 20 mph headwind! WOW, was it ever windy. I think I had 45 minutes of tailwind and the rest was head and side wind, causing me to average maybe 15 mph. I kept thinking of Kona and laughing that a 20mph sidewind would be a "light wind" in the big islan, but I am working hard on the bike so I'm prepared for all conditions! Just like my 2 1/2 hour ride in the rain (last hour, solid rain) yesterday, all this cycling is hopefully going to pay off. Someone tell me it will!!!! hehe The weather is cool but I'm sure it will warm up for my first race of the season next weekend! Also, I will be speaking about triathlon nutrition at an all-women clinic at Chainwheel on Drew St. on Tues evening. For more details at http://chainwheeldrive.com/page.cfm?PageID=929 or you can contact me. I will be spending the weekend with a creative bug.... as I'm working on a scrapbook and nutrition related stuff. I like to stay busy...even when I'm not swimming, biking or running :) Have a wonderful weekend!