Skip to main content

St.Anthony's

Could I be more nervous? Yes-as much as I LOVE to race, I still get nervous. I haven't really participated in enough races to look back at previous races and hope to set PR's. I pretty much consider every race a first. Although I have done several sprint triathlons, I can only look back on my two marathons (miami and Boston), one 70.3 race (now called Ironman 70.3 Florida), one half marathon (miami) and one Ironman distance and think to myself....."What am I doing racing Elite in an OLYMPIC DISTANCE!!!!" Although I feel ready to get out there and race, the fast stuff is not fun for me. Ouch!!! I like to test the body and see how strong I can be when I'm out there racing in an endurance race. Anything less than 3 hours is very hard on my body. Ok-enough excuses already. Seduza is race ready and I will be racing with my HED 3 wheels one last time before I put on my new 404 Zipps for Ironman 70.3 Florida. Karel got Seduza looking nice and pretty for me with a new chain. She also told me she wanted to go fast. Let's hope the running legs are ready also. The running hasn't been up to par since I injured myself at the Miami marathon in January :( I hope Karel gave me some of his fast skills since he is my amazing bike tech!!!! Plus, I totally neglected Seduza last week when I was riding Blue in the mountains. Does anyone else talk about their bikes like I do??? Hope you don't think I'm crazy!!!! Maybe just a little? hehe
I am looking forward to the little things for this race. Seeing and racing with some of my best friends in the sport, eating the ritual Outback sweet potato and bread the night before, representing my two major sponsors (Hammer Nutrition and Zoot), cheering on the newbies and most of all...seeing that E on my calf instead of my age. Oh and taking pictures of course!
Good luck to everyone competing this weekend! Regardless of your finish time, enjoy your time out on the course and remember that this is the sport that you LOVE. You didn't train for this race, you trained because triathlons are part of your life!