Skip to main content

I Age up on May 31st, 2007!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Yep-it's my b-day. I can rent a car, my insurance drops and I age up!!! 25-29 age group here I come!!!
This week has been crazy. I'm finishing my power point presentation for my Vegas conference for the International Society of Sports Nutrition. I will be speaking about sports nutrition for enduranec athletes, primarily Ironman athletes (very appropriate!). I've learned a lot by doing months of research on Pub Med. There are a lot of great studies out there and being the science nerd that I am, I'm really excited to apply some new nutrition strategies to my Kona training.
Tuesday's run workout (after swim) was ridiculously hard! 16 x 2:00 at 10K pace (HR around 170!) with 30 recovery. It was really really really hard! I spun my legs for a 2 hour ride on tues afternoon and felt a lot better. Taught spin class today and swam a mile for recovery and attempted the Gearlink ride this afternoon. Not so much did I even try to make the loops after warm-up. Oh well, at least I was out on my bike for 2 hours tonight :)
My wishes and prayers go out to Ray Reinders who suffered a bad bike crash at his race the other day. I'm thinking of you ray and I wish you a speedy recovery. I don't know what i would do without Ray to keep me going during out rides!
This should be a good weekend with lots of training as a 25 year old!! haha-ok, enough already ;)
In addition to my b-day (sorry, I said it again! :), Karel and I celebrate our Year anniversary tomorrow...what a special day! I can't believe he has put up with me for an entire year. Good thing we have similar lifestyles. He's back on his bike (shoulder not quite healed) and he even went to San Antonio for some seaded climbing in the hills.
My family is doing great and it is awesome having my bro here before he moves to Pitt for his job at PPG. Although I am super busy and hardly see them, I plan on spending most of the weekend with them...having fun like we always do :)