Skip to main content

relaxing...

After months of hard training, I'm finally enjoying a little break this week. Nothing structured, no heart rate monitor and I'm finally recovering from the race. No running, just cyling on my road bike and swimming this week. My quads are still a little sore but at least I'm walking normally again! I guess the pain is from pushing my legs to the limit for 13.1 miles of the Half Ironman. Next week starts my Kona training. Not that I haven't been training long and hard for the past few months, but the workouts get longer and more intense. The focus now is pushing my body for the next 19 weeks to get faster and stronger! And now with the 70.3 World Championships a month after Kona, I will need to train even harder to get myself ready for two big races!
To keep me sane with my training, I stay very involved with the tri-community andspeak to athletes as much as possible to get people excited to start the sport of triathlon. I also do swim lessons for little kids, do personal training, nutrition consultations and I've been helping out at Iron Girl with the upcoming events by doing outreach. Check out my website for upcoming races! Although my life seems to be all about triathlons, I truely enjoy helping people. I have been looking into schools and really would like to go back to school to pursue a RD degree or a PhD. Both degrees interest me and I love learning. I couldn't get enough schooling...but we will see. Right now I'm working as much as possible to earn money for the upcoming race season.
I can't believe this last year! So much has happened with graduating grad school, learning how to be a competitive triathlete and trying to make something of myself in this crazy world! Although I can think about with my b-day coming up next Thurs (May 31st) is that I move up to the BIG GIRL age group (25-29) soon....and I can rent a car! hehe