Skip to main content

Good morning from Kona!




Just a couple shots from outside my condo this morning. Slept-in until 5am and felt refreshed after 9 hours of sleeping. Still a little off from Kona time but I've got a couple more days to get adjusted to the 6 hours.
Last night I did nothing and yesterday afternoon I did nothing. It was great! Just watch TV, iced and heated and played around on the computer. Cooked a nice dinner before a litte more tv watching and called it a night. It was really good to just veg out and forget about the race. I woke up this morning and my leg was just a bit sore. It is not getting any worse and each day it gets better. It actually feels a lot better when I have my cycling shorts on (compression helps) and running shoes on. I think my leg just wants to run! No pain pills since Sat after the flight so I am happy that the celebrex is doing its job. I know I keep talking about the "pain" that I am in, but I am such a wuss when it comes to pain. I don't hurt when I train (a big difference from muscles being sore and just pain), I don't feel uncomfortable when I race and recover quick. This injury has taught me that there are so many people out there who just pull through when times get tough. I won't hurt myself any more than I already have (inflammation) but I know I will be sore afterwards. I know come sat. I will be filled with adrenaline and ready to get this thing going. I hope to enjoy my day and just think that this is the day I've been waiting for all year! In a couple hours I will head to the pier to pick up my packet at the host hotel. How exciting! I'm sure I will have lots of pics after today.
Thanks everyone for the emails..I keep all of them and re-read them everyday!