Skip to main content

Hanging around

Spending most of my day on the computer today. Although I've been super busy with nutrition consultations I'm taking a break from work this weekend. well, I'll try but when you love what you do, it's hard not to spend extra time on things which are work-related. I'm watching the NYC marathon trials right now on TV and checked out the post-race coverage on the internet earlier this morning. I'm also checking out the Ironman Florida coverage. Looks like great weather and I'm thinking there are going to be some surprises with the pro's and super fast times. Tomorrow I'll be watching the NYC marathon and I'm sure Karel will want to see how Lance runs. Sadly, I just heard that Ryan Shay was rushed to the hospital at mile 5 of the trials and he past away. very sad for the running community and my sympathy goes out to his family and friends. Although sudden deaths occur, it is just one of those things that you can't predict and hope never happens to anyone. I remember IMFL last year and I was so worried about how I would be able to finish an Ironman and if my heart would beat so hard for so long. Well, i finished and I felt great. However, there are many times when I finish workouts and races and feel just awful. I suggest making the most of everyday and letting your friends and family know how much you love them. If it isn't love for everyone, just let your friends know how much you care. For most of the people who are reading this blog right now, I'm sure there are many times when triathlons/running/multi-sport events take precedence over your life. NOt saying you have to cancel all your workouts or stop racing but be sure you make time for others.
well, back to checking out some more coverage. Just finished my sponsor letter for some potential 2008 sponsors and I'm getting really excited for the 2008 season. I feel my leg is 98% healed and just a few aches in the hip. Karel and I rode last night and for the first time since Kona I felt really strong on my road bike. This morning I met Karel and the Gearlink riders and rode Seduza for about 38 miles. felt great and just enjoying my progress. Swimming is going well and I'm kicking with no pain. No running until I feel 110% but I absolutely feel great compared to the last 2 months! I'm thinking no 70.3 world champs (even if I just swam and biked) and just taking the next week to continue my healing process. I can't wait to run again and start working on my base training with Karel. Looks like the 2008 season will be exciting for both Karel and I as we are both taking our training to the next level.