Skip to main content

The weekend is gone and now it is Monday...

I'm so Lucky! The #1 reason why I love Florida is October through April...the weather is just beautiful! I am waking up to 60-degree weather and the air is much lighter. Karel and I had to dig out our arm warmers for our early morning rides last weekend. Of course they come off around 8am when the sun is shinning, but it is great knowing that we can train year-round. While I would love to live out west and experience some snow and altitude, I am totally enjoying the open-window season! I've been riding a bit more and feeling good on my bike. Nothing fast and crazy and last weekend I got in around 90 miles. Karel is working on his base training so we can atleast start out together on our rides. We are enjoying spending some time together at the Y and looking forward to weight lifting and swimming together (yes-Karel can swim!). If you date (or are married) to a competitive athlete you can understand that "racing" season is tough on a relationship. It is especially hard for competitive athletes who date someone who is not as active/competitive. Karel and I are usually doing our own thing during the racing season and we find ourselves crossing paths either on our bikes or if I'm running and his riding. Right now we are both staying busy and I'm working my butt off with pleny of BT projects and nutrition consultations.
This past weekend was great and I watch plenty of sports on the TV and internet. All day i was checking splits for IMFL and wondering why I raced in 30mph headwinds in 45 degree temperatures and this year was perfect! Oh well, it is what it is and it looks like it was a great day for many athletes to accomplish thier dreams and goals.
Sunday morning I drove to my parents house and rode my bike through Starkey Park to the suncoast trail and met up with the Gearlink guys for a little of their ride. Karel left the house on his bike before I got into my car to my parents and about an hour and a half later I was riding with Karel and the other guys. Karel and I always time our trainings so if one person needs/wants to ride longer, we seem to work it out with the car. We are all about time-management and teamwork. After the ride Karel and I enjoyed some pancakes at my parents house and helped them install some of their new wood floor (they are doing it themselves and it looks great!). Afterwards, karel and I headed home to enjoy the rest of our day together. We usually talk cycling/triathlons, google the internet to see what's going on in the cycling/triathlon world, read triathlon/cycling magazines and watch movies. Typical sunday for us...including pizza on sunday night. I love Hungry Howies veggie pizza (karel is a good man to live with a vegetarian like me) w/ the cajun crust. Since I'm a thin-crust girl, I love HH pizza!After a movie and pizza it was dark and only 8pm!! Oh the time change makes it so depressing in the evenings :(
This morning I went to the Y and did the stationary bike and lifted legs. When I was swimming I stopped on the wall for some water and saw Sam McGlone stretching before she swam at the Y. I re-introduced myself to the 2007 70.3 World Champ/2nd place IM Kona and we talked a bit. I am on the Zoot team with her and she recognized me from St.Anthony's after I told her my name. I told her we were on the same plane together on the way home from Kona but we both laughed that we were a little out of it. I thought that was pretty cool to be at the Y swimming in the same pool as her.
Well, time to get some food going. I guess it is 6:23 but the clock says 5:23pm. I'm a bit confused.