Skip to main content

Working out or training?

This morning Karel did a warm-up ride so I was without my plyometric partner at the Y. I was ready to get on my bike for a nice ride but the 48-degree weather and wind wasn't encouraging so I decided to go to the Y. As for working out I guess I am starting to train again. I don't have a training plan created yet but I feel like I'm starting to get more disciplined with the training (Rather than exercising). The running is going great! I'm not running fast but I am running. I did an easy 6 miles yesterday at an average pace of 7.1 mph. I was talking to another girl next to me about wedding's and triathlon's so I did a couple extra miles more than planned. This morning I did 5.8 miles with a 10 minute walk warm-up and 5 min warm-down. Again, the run was very comfortable and I even stepped up the speed to 7.2-7.8 mph (I did several intervals). Swimming is going well and I can tell I've been pushed a little harder by swimming with a few guys at the Clearwater Y on tues when I occasionally swim there. I just can't believe the changes in my running. I'd say once or twice a day I can feel something in my groin but it is nothing like before. I am just concious of it so I notice everything. Out of all the months and weeks of slowly building back into running, I could say that strengthening my adductors (where your leg goes towards your body), doing plyometrics, weight lifting (especially glute exercises) and walking before I run has helped the most. I will keep working on my speed as I slowly increase endurance and I hope I am not out of at least racing the local races this season. I think I'll get Seduza ready for a ride this weekend. I am missing her :( (yes, I talk about my bikes like people)
I was really glad to train this morning. Again I put on my favorite running shorts and I was ready to run and lift. After seeing Karel go out at 6am in the cold, I had great motivation to get my out of the door in the morning. Karel is heading to Jacksonville today to meet up with his team and on sat they all head to Gainsville for a "training" race. This is the first race that the team will ride together. As for me, I'll be home with the cat, studying away and starting to work on my training routine for the next couple of months. Since I have been really bad about writing on my blog this week (Being busy is no excuse for my blog readers) I hope to get lots of posts going this weekend :)
Enjoy the weekend!!