Skip to main content

Oh...I hurt!!

It's not what you think...I hurt NOT because of my leg. The leg is good and thankgoodness I can complain about something BESIDES my leg!!
I have a blister. Yes, I am complaining about my blister. Out of all my endurance races (2 Ironmans, 2 70.3 racess, Boston marathon, Miami marathon) and all my sprint distance tri's I never forget the blisters. I just got new shoes so I had to break them in. I switch from Mizuno's and Brooks so I am on a new pair of Pink Mizuno Wave Riders. This morning after my spin class I jumped on the treadmill for some intervals. After a 10 min-warmup I did a set of 5 min hard, 5 min easy, 4 hard, 4 easy, etc. which gave me a total of 6.5 miles. The "hard" was only 7.5 but I am totally cool with that. I haven't been wearing my heart rate monitor because I need to judge my effort by how my leg feels. Right now my leg feels good so I just see what I can sustain without feeling the burn. Not quite ready to feel the lactate yet but I can tell today's workout was just what I needed. I got off the treadmill and was spent. I liked that feeling but my blister is all I can think about now. I am super sore from yesterday's plyo workout and now I am trying to gather myself to be alert for my class at 11am. Karel and I were both hobbling around this morning and as I was leaving for my spin class at 5am he was getting himself ready for 5x10 min at LT. Ouch! When I came home from my workout we were both moving pretty slow. The cat ran out and neither one of us wanted to catch her. She enjoyed the grass and I will probably pay for it later when I am cleaning up her throw up :)
Ok, off I go. I'm feeling sandals this morning because of my blister and I'm thinking nothing nice in terms of clothes. Lounging around today for two classes and lots of studying. Ahhh...so good to be back with training. I'll complain about blisters any day..over my leg!