Skip to main content

I can't believe it is THURS!!!

First off, let's talk training. The past couple of days have flown by at ridiculous speeds. I can hardly believe it is thurs!!! Still haven't opened my book (or kept it open long enough to comprehend anything) but I have high hopes that today will be the day that I retain biology. The training has gone really well this week. For some reason, my "injured" right leg no longer hurts. I have to think which leg it was that was hurting me so bad pre-kona and that is because now my left leg is giving me some tightness. It isn't keeping me from running but I have to run "fast" in order to make it feel ok. So you know I won't complain about running fast but I just wish it would all be ok with my legs. With time, I sure hope I will continue to heel.
On wed after my 45-min spin class (totally sweat fest!!) I ran 7.2 miles and lifting just a bit. Did plenty of abs to make my tummy a bit sore but I love my ab exercises! I do abdominals everyday and usually they are all on the ball. I rarely get on the floor for abs, so it is usually a bench, captains chair, bosu or ball which make my abs sore and feeling strong. Gotta work the core to be a strong athlete! I spent the day with my mom on wed checking out some wedding venues. I think we found two good ones and we will go see one of them on Fri. I am not doing very well with this wedding stuff. To me, I want something low key, casual and fun with lots of good food and all our friends and family. Unfortunantly, the venues which I like have packages which are a bit too elegant and formal for me. We are getting married on Oct 26 (sunday) around noon and we just want a fun day for everyone. I hope this venue works out on fri cause then I will feel like I accomplished something with the wedding planning, besides picking a date :) Karel picked me out some new tri shoes (DMT carbon) two days ago so I went for a 15 mile spin on wed to try them out. I am mentoring a HS girl for her senior project on healthy habits and exercise so we rode our bikes together around lunchtime on wed which was a lot of fun. I love my news shoes and they feel just great. Karel got magnesium shoes which are super light compared to my carbon shoes. In the later afternoon I headed from New Port Richey back to Dunedin to feed the cat and get ready for dinner. What a nice change to have someone cook for Karel and I and it not be fast food or restaurant. Kate and I have spent everyday together since she arrived in Florida and we couldn't go one day without a text, phone call or training. I think I have a new friend for life..how great!!! Karel worked on her bike on wed after Kate thought she was only dropping it off on tues for Karel to true her wheel. Well, after a complete overhaul, she is now riding a safe and almost new bike...it needed a little TLC from Karel. Wed evening Kate's family prepared Karel and I dinner, in addition to Kate's husband and coach John. Incluiding her family, we were in great company at their beach house at clearwater beach. Although it was a fish feast, Kate's mom did a perfect job to make Marni-friendly food. Veggies, salad, hard boiled eggs, fresh potatos and bread...I was one happy girl. And with fruit for desert, it was like she read my mind for a perfect Marni dinner. Kate's hubby craig is super great and I have never met a non-triathlete, husband of a triathlete who knows so much about training, equipment and athletes. It is just great how supportive her hubby is and she always has a bike tech on hand/picture taker. After a long day, with the alarm going off at 4:30am on wed morning, Karel and I were both ready for bed around 9:30pm. It is super easy to fall asleep in our place because we have no TV in our bedroom. I thought about just turning on the TV when we got home but I am glad I gave myself a little extra sleep last night. So now it is thurs, not even noon and I am beat. I decided to run before I swam since the weather is getting a bit cool here. I jumped on the treadmill at the Y at 6am and did a bunch of intervals. 5.6 miles and 10 minutes of walking, I was sweaty and ready for the pool. Swimming by myself is what I am use to but I like being pushed. Today I had to push myself because I was solo in my lane. After a 500 swim and 500 pull warm-up, I created a main set that wouldn't bore my. 3 x 200 on 2:50, 4 x 100 on 1:25 and 5 x 50 (25 1 breath, 25 fast) on 50. The set went by super fast and I felt really smooth. I probably could have bumped up the cycle by 5 seconds but in the world of swimming, 5 sec. is a world of difference and I felt super strong with a little extra rest (especially on the 200's. I was coming in around 1:18 on the 100's and I looked forward to 5 seconds rest rather than 1).
So I rushed out of the Y to personal train someone and I was home at 10:10am ready for a smoothie. I had a yogurt and a few raisins on the way to the park for my PT client but I needed to make sure I quickly recovered after my long morning. I've got two full days this weekend to train and I want to make sure I feel strong for two quality workouts.
Well, there it is..thurs already and my spring break is almost over..booo!!!!!
Hopefully the next 2 months will fly by and I can finish off this semester and finally start my dietetic online courses...YAY!!!!