Skip to main content

Lots of Stuff

well, my brain is almost fried. I'm almost completely better from my bug. I'm very tired and I would love a vacation. Therefore...I am going to cover several things, but keeping things short.

1) Good luck to those racing at St.A's....I thought about writing emails to everyone, but that would take me all day!!! I will be watching for a few hours to cheer on everyone. Hope to get in some kind of run when I am down there. Looking forward to seeing all of Florida down there. I think I am the only person not doing the race..oh, karel said he isn't doing it :) hehe

2) Speaking of karel..he is about to race in the Twilight crit tonight!!! the weather is a little overcast and the radar (which I keep checking) shows a few showers heading towards athens, Ga. Rain would not be good during that race but I know those cyclists will race rain, wind or shine. I sent karel a good luck package of lots of goodies (Hammer nutrition, chocolate, a card, trail mix, water bottle, gum) and I also printed a bunch of quotes on hard work, teamwork, motivation and success. I sent the package to the team manager (Jeff Kopp) and he suprised Karel with the box as the team was heading up to Athens. I think Karel was super surprised. Karel has some of his Gearlink friends up there watching him and aside from the thousands of people in the crowd, I think Karel is ready for the "big show". That is what he calls this race :) Also, Karel texted me his number which was #112 and that he was getting ready to race. I didn't think anything of it but I checked my box of race numbers and at Ft.Desoto, that was my race number!!! Crazy!!!Good luck Karel..I'm cheering you on!!!!

3)I'm really thankful that I can be a coach right now. I have been able to help so many people with training plans, one-on-one coaching and nutrition. I just love helping people and I can't wait til school is overwith so I can devote all my time to helping people. I really appreciate everyone putting up with me during these last few days of preparing for my finals. I haven't been able to fully commit my time to everyone and that is hard for me. When someone wants me to help them I devote 100% of my time, energy and passion to helping them achieve their goals. I felt that being upfront and honest about my lack of time would be hard for people to understand. However, all my athletes and friends have been very accepting and I really appreciate it. Just a bit longer and I get a full 3 weeks of no school!! Wahoo...but then I start my dietetic school on May 20th and I will continue with 3 more semesters and hopefully finishing by August/Sept 2009. I'm sure there is a light at the end of that tunnel....

4) I'm really sad about the Shark killing of the triathlete in california. It is all over the news and it is really scary. I know these things are rare but it doesn't take away from the sadness. The scary thing is that athletes are always putting their body in danger. Of course cycling is the most scary of them all, with hundreds of cyclists around the world being killed by cars, riding in groups or just riding alone. Then there is running when people are running early in the morning in the dark or even with swimming in the pool. Anything can happen. However, we must remember that we are doing something that we love that ultimately is a good habit. This morning I had a coaching session with Gary, at..of course, Sand Key park for an open water swim. I read MSN.com last night and right away I email Gary....you sure you don't want to just swim in the pool. Me, as his coach..wimping out! Well, just like usual, when I'm in the open water I just forget about everything. All went well and we had a great 20 minute swim. I ended up riding my bike down there and after the swim, I biked home. So much better than driving. I rode 50 miles this morning and finally, I am feeling a bit better with this head cold. the sniffles are gone and my headache is getting better.

Enjoy the weekend everyone! I know this blog was kinda random but please remember to tell your loved ones how much you care about them. Thank your friends and family for putting up with you...I know triathletes live in their own world sometimes (me included!). And lastly, just remember to live life to the fullest. If your working too hard and always stressed, sleep deprived and unhappy, are you truely enjoying and focusing on the little things. You only have one life....enjoy it! :)