Skip to main content

MY BIRTHDAY!!!

What did I decide to do on my b-day????
Well, Karel and his teammates are racing the Union City GA cup race this weekend so I decided to join in. An opportunity to ride Seduza in a cycling race and also do a long ride without having to run afterwards (even though, I would love to run!).
So...we packed up the team van yesterday (after a BUSY morning of finishing my school work, cleaning up our apartment and running some errands) and hit the road at 12:30pm. Karel, Cody and I were in the team van and Curtis and his wife were in the van ahead. Jeff, the team manager/ABC owner was already checked in at the Comfort Inn.
When we arrived, checked into the hotel and unloaded the car, Karel, Curtis and Cody wanted to spin their legs. Jeff and I were hungry so in the choice of Crackel Barrel, Wendy's, McD's, Shoneys and IHOP, we dediced to go to Crackel Barrel for dinner and bring back food for the guys. After everyone was fed, it was around 8:30pm and we drove the TT course. I was in for a rolling ride on sat.
Well, it is now sat and not only is it my b-day but it is my anniversary!!! 2 years with Karel and I am pretty thankful to have him in my life. Although karel surprised me with a nice necklace and a card signed by all the Lindner capital guys, I have a present for Karel for our anniversary. I'm NO good at keeping secrets so it is just killing me to have my present for him in a bag. At dinner tonight I will give it to him and I'm sure I will blog about it :) I'm just so appreciative of all the people who called me and emailed me today. Thank you everyone for making this last year so wonderful and I can't believe I am 26!
The best part about my bday is just being able to be together this weekend...doing what we love is more than enough for me.
This morning we got up, had a light breakfast and headed to the race venue about 10 miles down the road. Since we drove the course last night, I knew it would be a tough 10 mile ride. However, I didn't think it would be THAT tough.
I am asking all triathletes to do a TT race at least 2 or 3 times a summer. This is something that is so hard, you won't believe the difference between cycling only and doing a TT. Sure, riding 10 miles in a tri and then running, after you have swam, seems tought but in a TT you HAVE to go ALL OUT! The rollers were up and down and I found myself switching between 16mph and 28mph. I was being chased by girls and I passed a girl. I was told I was third but I will have to check tonight. If so, I will get to stand on the podium. I think karel is proud of me. I think my time was 27 minutes. Jeff K. was 2nd!!!!! Karel started 4 1/2 min. behind me and it was really neat being on the same course together. Both pounding it out, with quads burning and our hearts coming out of our chest. It was really cool having someone hold your bike before the start and then sprinting to the finish line, totally dead. I was breathing so heavy and it was so hard.
I will post pics when we get back on mon but this was amazing. It hurt so bad but doing these once a month would really make me stronger.
I think the best part of the morning was seeing so many aerobars. I know I have a lot of triathlete blog readers so you can understand my excitement seeing these guys in an aero position.
Also-Good luck to Madiera beach triathletes, Honu 70.3, anyone else racing around the globe and a happy b-day to my best friend Allie's baby girl, Gabby who turns 1 today. AND, congrats to my friend Serenity who just got married today. Lots of congrats and if I missed a good luck or congrats...I've got plenty more to give :)