Skip to main content

Dear Fay,

Hello Fay. You have been here for almost three whole days and I think it is time for you to leave. I have always loved the rain and an ocassional evening shower makes for a great movie-night with Karel, but I think we've had enough.
I had a routine that worked for me and now I find myself bored by 7am. The Y is closed, the roads are floaded and the trainer is no fun. Ok, so I only rode it once but I rather be outside, on the road. Sorry Fay but bikes are not suppose to be stationary. Luckily, I am tapering for a race right now but because of you...I might not have a race on sunday. I'm not mad, just a little upset that you had to come right now.
Although this is a recovery week for Karel he does not like the trainer. After I rode the trainer yesterday morning for 45 min, Karel took his turn on the trainer. Coach Troy did not entertain Karel and I don't think he enjoyed the workout on his TT bike. I did take a pic and it was cute to see him training on his "tri-bike" :)

We are very lucky that we didn't lose power but the fish are not happy that the electricity flips on and off. Our fish get scared just like anyone and they do not appreciate what you are doing to them.
Smulda does not like it that there are no cars moving in our parking lot and that all the animals and creatures are gone. However, Smudla had an entertaining night last night when Mr. Squirrel came onto our pourch and cleaned the wood floor. Smulda wished so bad that she could go outside but we told her that it was unsafe because of you, Fay. However, we were only kidding. We knew Smudla would chase that squirrel down a tree, from our 3rd story apartment until she could come back with a dead present for us.



Well, Fay. Although I have been really bored, having finished all my articles for next month and catching up on lots of emails and nutrition forms, I did get into a little baking and cooking. I know, I'm not a baker but with a little extra time on my hands I thought this would be a good time to make some food for Karel. While everyone is out buying water and canned food for the tropical storm, I have been making many quick stops (in the pouring rain and 40+mph gusts of wind) just to pick up canned pinapple, walnuts, what bran flour and chicken. You don't scare me Fay and if anything, I am going to make sure Karel and I eat well right now in the case that we have to live off PB&J for a few days and we are forced to eat all the ice cream in our freezer.
I have had a lot of fun making breaded chicken for karel and my own version of "chicken" for me. Ok, you got me Fay, it is nothing like Chicken but I did sculpt my veggie meat and egg white look like Karel's chicken. The chickpeas and veggies were great and I even made my own sweet potatoe casserole out of only 1 sweet potatoe! I cooked the leftover egg white wash from karel's chicken and we both split 1/2 whole gran Hala pita.




I also stir-fried a bunch of veggies with salsa and veggie meat and when I added a little brown rice and put it all over some crisp romaine lettuce it tasted just like it was from a mexican restaurant.



I even made cinnamon raisin bread and carrot cake bread. All very healthy and without sugar or white flour.



I'll make you a deal Fay. If you leave now so I can do my race on Sunday and Karel can get off the trainer and ride outside, I will make you some oatmeal raisin and walnut cookies. Ok, so they are more like oatmeal drops than cookies but they are really good!


I look forward to hear from you.....ASAP!
-marni