Skip to main content

Trek Clinic



Karel and Cason (the GM) had a great time at the Top 100 TREK conference in Wisconsin.

I think he had a bit too much fun. I received many text messages during his trip as he test rode many demo bikes behind the Trek factory. What a rough life, attend clinics in the morning and ride in the afternoon.
Although I wanted pics of WI so I could see the IM course, I only received a few city pics while most of the pics were of bikes.
In the evening of one of the talks, Karel took lots of pics of the new line of custom bikes where you can pick your colors for almost every part of the bike.

I was a little bummed when I didn't see a WSD madonne by Karel's side when he arrived back home but that's ok. Instead I got a lovely coffee cup :)



Well, my off-season hasn't begun quite yet and Karel still has a few more months until I can make use of a new Women specific road bike. And if you think Karel buys me bikes and bike parts I have to tell the truth. I have to say that a shared bank account is how I (we) afford bikes but a fiance who is a manager at a Trek store is a fabulous thing. :)

So, amidst all the talks and tours, Karel came home with two surprising comments.
1) Karel now understands women. There was a talk (by a woman) about how to read a women and how to be a good salesman when speaking and understanding women. Well, that is a good thing that Karel now "understands" me. :)
2) Karel has found his next bike. A Trek mountain bike. Karel rode a full suspension carbon mountain bike at the clinic for 2 hours on Friday and fell in love with mountain biking. He is looking forward to the off-season and doing a lot of mountain biking. Apparently, I am getting a mountain bike as well and I will be joining karel for some trail rides and races. Maybe mountain biking will help me with my worries of cycling.

Enjoy the pics!