Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Karel!!!!

According to Karel, he is an old man. Turning 32 is hardly old and I know he doesn't feel 32. Plus, with a 26 year old fiance I hope I have kept him young. If anything, I know I have kept him healthy and kept his tummy happy :)

If you know Karel, it is easy to see why I have been so happy for the past 2 years and 4 months. And if you haven't met Karel, it is easy for me to talk about all his great qualities. If I have to think of a bad quality I would ponder for days just to even make-up one bad quality.

Karel has been a blessing in my life since the day we met. Although I was not ready for a relationship at that time in my life, there was something about Karel that I knew I couldn't get enough of. The more I told myself I wasn't ready for a serious relationship, the more I found myself falling in love with Karel.

Karel is one of the most helpful, thoughtful, caring, generous, funny, encouraging and supportive people I have ever met in my life. Lucky for me, I get to spend everyday with him. I have been told my many of my guy friends, they also wish they had a Karel in their lives. I do share him but he must come back to me at night.

Among his many great personal qualities, he is also an amazing athlete who is extremely passionate about cycling. According to me, if Karel had a philosophy for life, I believe he would say "never give up". Clearly, Karel is someone who never gives up when times get tough and regardless if it is a cycling race or something stressful in his life, Karel fights all odds and seems to always come out with an optimistic attitude.

Not only does Karel love cycling (and me) but he loves taking care of our 55 gallon and 20 gallon fish tanks. After my dad gave Karel a 10-gallon tank, Karel turned a tank with a few fish into a hobbie. And without a doubt, Karel is perfectionist with our fish tanks just like he is with bikes and anything else he does in life.
Karel also loves his cat (smudla) who I believe is really MY cat :) Probably because I feed her everyday but I have clearly adopted Smudla.
Karel is also very close to his family, just like myself, and we both can't wait to have little athletes and start a family of our own. Hopefully we can be great parents just like our parents.

Karel has always supported me in all my adventures and when life gets tough for me he has a way to cheer me up and turn everything around. I am not one who deals with stress very well but to have Karel make me laugh when I am sad just makes me feel much better, no matter what I am stressing about.

I don't feel like I need Karel to live life my life but I can't imagine my life without him. Karel has a lifestyle that is similar to my own and because of that I am so happy. Karel has made me a better person and he gives me strength for all my weakness's. If it wasn't for him, I would have a lot of broken appliances and of course, a bike that I wouldn't know what to do with. I have also found myself doing things that are scary or out of my element and because of Karel believing in me, I gain so much confidence from him.

This is also a special day for me as well because it is our 1 year engagement anniversary. Not sure if we will always celebrate these little milestones but I couldn't ask for a better person to come into my life, brake down my routine and show me that is ok to love someone and to not be afraid to just be myself.

Happy Birthday KAREL!!!!