Skip to main content

9 days away!!!

My stress level is pretty high right now. So much on my mind and lots of lists and to-do's are being made. Karel is pretty laid back right now but he is doing great on listening to me and asking questions.
I can't believe the wedding is just 9 days away. I am leaving on Wed to head to my parents and I just can't wait to be down there to see my family and my grandparents. The rest of the family will fly in on Fri. I am also really looking forward to seeing my brother. We get along so well and we are just the best of friends. Unfortunately, I don't get to see him very much because he lives in Pitt, PA and works at PPG (plate glass company) up there. I am also really excited to see all our Gearlink friends. I think half the wedding is family and the other half is cyclists. Well, if it wasn't for the Gearlinkers we would not have met on May 31, 2006. And lastly, Karel's mom, dad and brother will be arriving on Fri evening from Czech Republic. I asked Karel if he was excited and I think he is a little nervous. It's been 9 years since he has seen his dad and brother and 5 years since he has seen his mom. I think the emotions will run high on friday and I wish I was there to see his reaction when they walk off the plane. I couldn't imagine not being around my parents for even a month so I know our wedding will be a very special time for Karel. I am also excited to meet his parents. Although his mom doesn't speak English, words aren't always needed to show love. I've talked to karel's brother via email several times and I talk to Karel's dad on Instant Messenger a few times a month. He has been learning English and I just love seeing him progress with his English. I guess I should brush up with my czech in the next week as well.
And as a last minute decision I decided that I couldn't leave my Campy and Smudla. They are family and they must be there with me next week. Campy will go down with me on Wed and Karel will bring Smudla on Sat morning. I don't think Campy will be able to be in the wedding but I know he will be given lots of love by all my relatives at the rehearsal dinner.
Speaking of Campy, he is doing just great. He is so well-behaved and he is just so happy to be around us. He walks about 3 miles a day. Karel walks him twice in the morning and that is "boy" time as I am working out. Then in the afternoon, Campy and I walk 1.2 miles to the Trek store to visit Karel and we either walk back home or take Karel's car and drive home. Campy loves it outside and he loves taking walks. Smudla is doing much better and she likes being around us. She still has her watch eyes on Campy but I haven't heard that much hissing from Smudla. I wouldn't go so far to say that they will be best buds but at least we can leave them alone without putting them in seperate rooms :)

Hope everyone had a great week and enjoy the weekend!