Skip to main content

BOO for school, YAY for workouts!

School is taking the best of me right now. I am SO over it! I feel like I have senior-itis and I'm not even close to being finished. Ok, so maybe I am with only 3 semesters to go but my little schedule of two classes, two days a week is getting to me. I just want to learn at school and go home to my campy, smudla and Karel. NO MORE STUDYING!!! ERRRRR. Where is that stupid light at the end of this LONG, LONG tunnel...oh yeah, that RD behind my name!! Luckily, I will get to apply to an internship in September since I will be finished with my dietetic program in the fall. I am applying to the MayoClinic and hopefully, I will be accepted and all this studying will pay off.
As for my other passion,
training is going great! I am a bit more focused now that I have two races approaching. I will be doing the Outback half marathon on Thanksgiving and the Jacksonville Marathon in the end of December. Also, with Karel starting his base training, it is nice to have a partner at the Y when I lift. We always have so much fun together doing our plyometrics but for now, I will let Karel enjoy his soreness after not lifting weights for the past few months. I know he dreads this time of the year (he actually ran for 10 min on the treadmill on mon!) but we both know that there are things we must do to get stronger for our upcoming seasons. And with all the amazing finishes at Kona and IMFL (and upcoming finishes at worlds) I'm super excited for my upcoming IM in Kentucky!
Here is the workout for this morning:

Swim (BREASTOKE DAY!!!)
400 warm-up
4 x 200's pull
12 x 50's breastroke (1-3 kick, 4-6 1 pull, 2 kick, 5-8 fly kick w/ breast pull, 9-12 swim)
Main set (2x's):
300 kick (middle 100 breastroke)
100 breastroke
3 x 100's (1:25, 1:20, 1:15)

warm-down 100

Treadmill RUN
10 min warm-up @ 7.2mph (entire workout on a .5 incline. NO more 0 until after IMKY)
Main set:
5 x 45 sec @ 8.8 (15 sec straddle treadmill recovery)
3 x 2 min @ 8.5 w/ 1:15 recovery @ 7.5 mph
5 x 45 sec @ 8.8 (15 sec straddle treadmill recovery)
3 x 2 min @ 8.5 w/ 1:15 recovery @ 7.5 mph
5 min walk cool-down
Total: 5.9 miles, 40 min.