Skip to main content

He's a little nervous but excited

This morning I ran a bit more than I had intended. I had 6 pages of DNA replication, antiobiotic structures and other "entertaining" microbacterial facts and the time flew by as I studied for my microbiology exam.....9.7 miles later Karel had arrived and he ran on the treadmill next to me as I walked my cool-down. Yep, almost 10 miles on the treadmill and I only ran without my notes for 30 minutes. This kind of studying got me through grad school and I would much rather get in a good sweat than sit in on the couch in my sweats and study.
Karel and I lifted for about 20 minutes and I went home to quickly shower, change, prepare my oatmeal and hit the road. 20 minutes later I was at school and ready for my microbiology exam.
After my exam I spent the morning texting Kate. I am super excited to see her and hopefully, lots more bloggers down in Clearwater. Kate's bike is all fixed up with a little love from Karel and I will be hand delivering it to her on fri morning at 9am sharp. I am looking forward to my trip because I will also see my parents on thurs. It's only been a week but I miss them a lot since the wedding.
Well, the person who is super excited (and doesn't know it) is CAMPY!
This will be Campy's first triathlon weekend and what a weekend. He is going to watch the Ironman 70.3 World Championships! What a lucky dog. Campy will be with me all day on fri and we will spend the night at Kate's rental house on fri night. I'm sure we will have an Outback run for dinner on fri night but other than that, it is Campy and I, together, all weekend! Karel will be staying in Jacksonville and working on Sat :( I'll miss my husband (and my best friend) but it is nothing abnormal for one of us to attend a race and the other one to train. However, this time around neither of us will be racing but I'm sure we will both be training.
I'm really looking forward to heading to the race. I get so excited to watch people race and after the past few weekends, I've been inspired by so many blogs that I just can't wait to race again. I'm also excited that I can show off Campy and of course, wear him out like I usually do :) He's just a little ball of energy.
I'm so happy I have triathlons in my life. It is such a way of life that I don't know what I would do without a lifestyle of swimming, biking and running. More than training my body, triathlons teaches me so much about myself. At first I was obsessed with the sport and my life revolved around training. After taking on more responsibilities (school, a dog, a husband and sports nutrition) I have learned how to balance my life and see triathlons as a hobby. When I view my training as a choice, rather than something I have to do, it is so much more enjoyable and I love waking up each morning and learning something new about myself. It's been a while since I have taken a race seriously so I will use my upcoming half marathon and marathon as a way to get myself psyched for my upcoming season and upcoming Ironman!
Alright, time to dinner ready and get packing for my trip to Clearwater!

For all my clearwater folks..This was Karel and I the day after our wedding on Clearwater beach. Yes, the sand is still that white but the air is getting cooler (and so is the water!)