Skip to main content

Routine

Back to the routine. Training is picking up and I'm really looking forward to 2009. IMKY is on the very back of my mind on a daily basis but I have to keep everything in perspective and just look forward to tomorrow.
Swimming is going great and the workouts have been long. Around 3500-4000 every tues and thurs and I just love it.
Running is going great and I can't wait until the Outback Half Marathon Classic on Thanksgiving. Oh, I hope they give us bread at the finish. That would just make my day! Tomorrow I will be running the Mandarin 10K after I run a 10K. I figured I would try to run a race on tired legs to see how it will feel on Thanksgiving when I try to break my PR of 1:39. And the other reason why I am running to the race (6 miles to the race start from my house) is because the Native Sun is putting on the race and after 12 miles of running and racing, I am going to fully enjoy the all-natural/organic buffet of food. YUMMM!!! I can't see myself running 6 miles after the 10K race and I can't really use the excuse "I just raced 6.2 miles, I can eat whatever I want, even if it is healthy" after "only" running a 10K. I'm sure I am not alone on my plan to train, race hard and enjoy my exhaustion with bagels, fruit, granola and yogurt :)
One thing that I have been really enjoying lately is base training with Karel. Seduza is hung on the wall in our spare room/office and Blue is on my mind every day. I just LOVE riding my road bike. I have been talking to Karel about selling Seduza because I really like my 700 wheels. Plus, they would be MUCH easier to change during a race if I ever had a flat. 650's are a pain, even for Karel! Any suggestions on a small tri-bike frame with 700 wheels? I am probably going to get a new tri-bike in the early spring/late winter.
The sunday after 70.3 Worlds I road with the Gearlinkers. It was just great seeing my friends (who are like family to Karel and me). I rode 60 miles with them and felt great. We talked a lot and each took turns pulling. I felt really strong and it was a great end to my weekend. On thursday this week I told Karel that I would ride with him and Jeff after my swim workout. So I swam from 6-7:15 and then headed home for an 830 ride. However, Karel did not tell me that they were planning on 2 hours instead of the normal 1 and I was a bit tired for the ride. But, I hung on and drafted like a pro. Although I was drafting mostly behind Jeff, I really liked the steady pace at 22-24 mph (in the wind). They were both working hard, rotating every minute for about 20 minutes and I was just riding behind them. I didn't mind having two great butts to look at. Jeff is not only Karel's team manager but also his boss. We are both very thankful to have him in our life and he has really been a great person to us both. And, Jeff is a crazy fast Pro 1 rider (and TT state champion) who use to play for the NFL. Crazy!!!
Anyways, the ride was good and we ended up with around 40 miles. I really enjoyed the ride and I didn't even complain once. After the ride and breakfast, I went to the Trek store to put invoices in the computer (one of my side jobs) and then I finally went home to crash on the couch for about 20 minutes. Then time for lunch.
Yesterday Karel had the day off and it was just great to be with him all day. Karel usually works 6-7 days a week so a full day off was gret. We went grocery shopping, did computer stuff and went to the post office. For dinner I made a big salad and we each had 1/2 whole wheat sub. I dressed up the sub with marinara sauce, hummus, cheese and mushrooms for pizza bread. I really enjoyed having Karel around all day and I'm happy that we are still loving each other after the wedding. I was told by a few people that after the wedding everything changes. Luckily, things just keep getting better. :)
This morning Karel and I went for an hour ride and I had the chance to pull Karel. He let me pull most of the ride since today was a recovery day for him. He has been working out really hard in the gym, with the weights, and riding really hard. It was a great workout today and I am looking forward to sunday when I will be riding with the boys for a long ride :)
I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday. The week is finally over and it is time for the weekend! Unfortunantly, I have to squeeze some studying, homework and assignments into my routine so that I can finish up my semester with good grades.