Skip to main content

Where'd the days go?

It was just Friday...last friday. Geezz how time flies!
I had a great time with my parents. Campy LOVES being in a house and having backyard to run around. I enjoyed eating dinner and not having to cook it and having someone to wash the dishes. Gotta love parents!
Karel had to go back last Sunday for work so he drove back down on Tues evening. It was great to see him. On wed morning Karel and I went to the Y by my parents house and it was great to get in a nice 40 min run to start the day. In the afternoon, Karel, Campy and I headed back to Jacksonville and I was super excited to see all my fishies and see Smudla. It was early to be for us and early to rise for me.
I never miss swimming unless I am traveling so there is no second guessing getting up on a Tues/Thurs at 5:15am for my 6-7:30 swim practice. This Thursday was KICK day and I have been asking for a whole practice devoted to kicking. Kicking is my weakness when it comes to my stroke.
We ended up with 3600 yards and the main set was:
3 x 200 kick (no board)
4 x 150's pull
5 x 100's on 2:00 (ouch!) w/ board
4 x 150's (100 free, 50 no free)
3 x 200's kick w/ board

After the swim I had no energy left to run or bike. So, I just went home and spent the morning sorting through my summer clothes and organizing my "winter" clothes.
At 12 I went to the Trek store to work 3 hours with Karel and he kept me busy with stuff to do. I did the invoices, I made sure all the bikes had tags on them and I put away bar tape, kids bells and some other random things. It was raining on and off all day but we had a handful of people come in the store.
After working I went home, rested for about 30 minutes and took Campy on a walk. We visited Karel and had a nice long walk. After the walk, it was a quick transition to get ready and when Karel came home at 5:30 (the store closed early) we headed to the beach for the Trek/American Bicycle Company holiday work party/dinner.
We went to TacuLu and as the name implies, it was a Mexican restaurant. There is a big group of us and we were all treated by Jeff. I had a great salad called the Grape salsa salad. It was a bed of greens covered in Grape and Almond salsa (with real grapes and almonds). It was also really hot and spicy..I loved it!
This morning I went to the gym and had a good 8 mile run. Karel met me on the treadmills and we ran my last 10 minutes together (well, on different treadmills).
After the run we did some plyometrics on the Bosu. It's been a long time since we did our plyos and we worked really hard at the gym. Then I took a trip to Wal-Mart for our weekly Grocery run and by 9am I was home...to work on an article for the Ironman Passport newsletter.
Well, after writing all that I can see why the days went by so fast.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to the watch the NBC airing of the Ironman World Championships on NBC at 2:30-4 (EST).