Skip to main content

Lake Tahoe

It is something here! We are just in winterland heaven!
First off, I miss Campy and Smudla. I think about them all the time and since I don't have kids, I miss my furry little babies :)
We finally got snow today! It came down overnight and when we arrived at the Tahoe Cross Country spot, it was snowing even more!
Yesterday was our first time on the snow. We had a lesson for cross country skiing and Karel was a natural. I am not surprised since he seems to excel at everything he does. I enjoyed the lesson and our instructor was great. She was super nice and we even had our own personal FREE lesson. After about 30 minutes of our lesson, our instructor said that we were doing really well and we picked up really quickly. Since Karel was off on his own during our lesson, I liked the company and the instructor and I chatted as we were skiing.
After the lesson, Karel and I were on our own. I didn't ask Karel to wait for me because I was a bit slow for him, but Karel didn't go too far from me. I really enjoying the cross country skiing and it was a great workout. I think Karel and I were enjoying ourselves a bit too much cause for our first day we did almost 3 hours nonstop. There were a few uphills that were challenging but for me, the downhills were a bit hard. I am still working on the stopping and turns. I did pick up some ski skating but I prefer cross country skiing. Because I snowboard, it was hard for me to think about only my toe being stuck to the ski and that I could lift my whole heel off the ski. It was all new to me and Karel but it was a lot of fun.
This morning we arrived bright and early at the same ski place to take advantage of the Early Bird Special. We got a super discount by skiing until 11 (we had to get our ski's back by 11am to get our discount). The time flew by and we covered a lot of ground. I did much better today and 2 hours and 20 minutes later we were back at the lodge. What great fun we had! We just picked up our rentals for skiing (karel) and snowboarding (me) tomorrow at Diamond peak. We are both a little nervous so wish us luck!
Here are some pics from our vacation so far....