Skip to main content

No resting for us

Karel was up at 5am for his 6:30am ride at the beach. I layed in bed until 6 and finally started my morning. At 7 I was out the door w/ my bike.
No arm warmers, no winter gloves, no booties. Short sleeve jersey and shorts. I love having open windows when it is less than 70 outside but I am loving the heat right now! The AC needed to wake up since it's almost March but the warm weather just reminds me that cycling and triathlon season is just around the corner.
Sweaty athletes + Racing season = Summer

I rode 45 miles (2 hours, 30 minutes) and it went by so fast. It was a bit windy out there so my HR was up in the 2nd hour but I kept the ride really comfortable.
After the ride, Campy was ready. Ready to run.
We ran 27 minutes and it was hot. We stopped at the Trek store for some water (campy needed it) at 15 minutes and then he was ready to run some more. He is getting so much better with staying focused while we run.

After the run I gave Campy some cottage cheese and I took a refreshing shower. I made a super yummy strawberry smoothie (my favorite protein powder from wal-mart, Body Fortress, now comes in strawberry!!!!) which I shared with Karel. He got home just as I was getting the smoothie ready to blend and he was tired from his 3+ hr ride.

Campy had no idea what he was in for after my breakfast and neither did I. We headed to San Marco/Downtown Jax for the Human Society Expo and Campy was loving the car ride with the windows down. After we parked, Campy had a few barks for another dog walking behind us and I was a bit worried about our little adventure with a lot of dogs around. Well, when we got to the expo, Campy just stopped and looked around. It was almost like he was so overwhelmed with the number of big, small, long, short and furry dogs. There were dogs everywhere! I was suprised that my little dog with a BIG bark was now walking attached to my ankle and periodically he would look up at me and just give me a smile when I reassured him that everything was ok. He didn't attack any dogs and he was suprisingly calm. This was his first time around a lot of dogs and I was really proud of my little Campy.
The training for him has been really slow but he does better everyday. Training a dog takes a lot of patience and a lot of consistency but it is great when it finally pays off. Now we just need to work on those fast bikes that Campy loves to bark at.








Ok-now time to rest