Skip to main content

My Birthday - Recap

My Birthday was great! Another year older (27) but I feel younger every day. My body feels like I am 23 and without a job, I wish I was 23!!

To start off my birthday Karel and I went for a 90 min. spin. I was super sore from my race but I couldn't pass up a birthday ride with Karel. After the ride, I took campy for a long walk (I told Campy no running) and when I came home there was breakfast ready for me!
Crepes w/ strawberries and scrambled eggs. Yum!
After breakfast is was time for presents!!!
I don't like receiving gifts like I LOVE giving gifts so seeing that my b-day is also our anniversary (3 years) I had to give Karel a gift as well. After he surprised me with a Garmin 405 (which I knew I was getting but was super excited nonetheless) I surprised him with a Nano Ipod 5th generation. This is Karel's first Ipod and since he only has Oakley Thumps to listen to music while he is riding, I thought I would spoil him with a nano. He isn't much of a music person when it comes to training but I thought he would enjoy it when he warms-up for races on his trainer.
I LOVE my garmin!! I have wanted one for the past 2 years but because I am not too tech-savvy, I never went out of my way to order one. I guess Karel picked up on my hints and now I have the second best running partner EVER! My first running partner is Campy, Of course :)
I absolutely LOVE my Garmin, used it once (today after my bike ride) and I am obsessed! Oh how my running will improve.
Karel also LOVES his Ipod. As I was studying on my birthday (BOO), Karel spent all day on the computer downloading songs.

After our day of nothing exciting (except for watching the last day of the Giro...how about that crash!!??!!) Karel and I headed out to Jacksonville beach to meet up with my close friends Laura, Libby and Katrine. Libby and Katrine brought their hubby's and Laura came solo cause her hubby travels.
We all ate yummy pizza at Chicago Pizza and laughed, chatted and just relaxed over good food and a few drinks. Since I don't drink, I enjoyed my water :) Laura made me a cake which was SOOO yummy. Carrot cake!!! Laura is a dietitian so we have LOTS in common when it comes to cooking. We also have LOTS to talk about any time we are together!


I am so thankful I have such good friends in my life. And blogger and facebook friends count :)
Enjoy the pics...and of course, I had to include a few of Campy. Oh, do I love him!