Skip to main content

Banana Bread and great times

I've been in the mood for warm bread lately. No need to stop by Panera or indulge in a cinnamon roll. After I prepared dinner last night (huge colorful salad topped w/ tofu and veggie burger) I mixed together my ingredients for my banana bread and 15 minutes later our place was smelling SO good.
Enjoy my latest creation!

Fiberlicious Banana Bread
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oats
2 tsp flax seed
1/4 cup skim milk
3/4 cup water
1 egg
1 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tbsp honey
Dash of cinnamon and all-spice
1 capfull almond extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
13 whole almonds (chopped)
Small handful raisins (chopped)
1 large banana (mashed)

*pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Pour batter into large baking pan (either round or square). If using muffin tin, as well as round pan, pour 3/4 batter into round pan and the rest of batter into mini muffin tin.
3. Cook for 12-18 min or until bread is firm on top.









Sometimes I have great weeks and sometimes, I just stick to my normal routine. It seems as though when a new opportunity arises or I do something new, the day seems 10x better than the day before. I love experiencing new things, attending events, meeting new people and going new places. This happens to be a great week, even though last week was just as busy as this week. It seems as though the only time I feel a sense of "relaxation" and "de-stressing" is when I am training. Who would have thought that a 90 minute swim and a 8 mile run would make me relax.

As I sit here with Campy to my right and Madison to my left (I think Smudla is in the pantry laying on my grocery re-usable bags..it's her new secret spot..don't tell anyone), I am reminded of how wonderful life is.....
Enjoy some of my favorite experiences and memorable moments: