Half of my friends have babies right now and the other half are pregnant. Ok, maybe not everyone I know but thanks to Facebook and blogs, it sure seems as if everyone I know is popping out a baby. That day will come for Karel and me...down the road. I wonder if she/he will be a slowtwitch athlete like mommy or fast-twitch like daddy? :)
Well, regardless if you have kids, are pregnant, don't have kids or consider yourself a doggy/kitty-mommy (am I normal for thinking that Campy is my "child" right now?) we all deserve a sweet treat every now and then.
Enjoy my homemade popcorn with a little sweet twist.
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 tsp canola oil
2 tsp melted dark chocolate
1 tsp natural peanut butter
1 tbsp raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
Drizzle of honey
1. In a large pot (with a lid), combine kernels and oil and mix until coated.
2. Turn heat to medium and pop kernels (about 5-7 min.). When you hear kernels popping, lift up the pot (which is covered) and give a shake every 30-60 sec.
3. When popcorn is finished, remove from heat and let cool for 5 min.
4. When popcorn is cool, heat chocolate and peanut butter for 60-90 sec. When melted (better to undercook and keep cooking in 15-30 sec. intervals rather than overheating) stir together.
5. Place 1 1/2 cups popcorn in a large baggy (or large bowl) and add melted chocolate/peanut butter. Toss.
6. Add raisins, cinnamon and honey and give another toss.
7. Enjoy now or if using a baggy, place in refrigerator for later in the day.