Skip to main content

Happy birthday & anniversary





Not only is it my birthday but it is my anniversary!
Karel and I met 4 years ago, on my b-day, on a group ride. First I stood him up 2 weeks in a row and then I cried on my birthday. I was excited to meet my "blind date" on the bike (I loved hearing his Czech accent) but 4 years ago I could barely ride my bike! I was scared out of my mind to do this group ride and when I finally showed up, I was suffering on the warm-up.
Here's a short story....
http://trimarni.blogspot.com/2009/10/gearlink.html

Anyways- Happy 4 year anniversary to my amazing and wonderful hubby. Of course our wedding anniversary on Oct 26 2008 is worth celebrating but I'd like to recognize the day we met. My life has changed for the better because of Karel and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful person in my life. LOVE YOU KAREL!!

Last night Laura had us over for a wonderful b-day grill-out. Chickpea mushroom burgers (with sesame seeds) for me and Turkey burgers for the rest. I loved the burgers but I was ready for my birthday carrot cake. The cake is super delicious and healthy but the icing..not so much. I LOVE something special on my birthday, especially when it is homemade and super yummy! Thank you Laura for making us such an AWESOME meal!!!
This morning I went for a 2500 yrd swim at the Y. I always "exercise" on my birthday but considering it is taper and I have my big race on Sat, I had to pass on my normal long b-day ride with Karel and go for a swim. Tomorrow will be OFF from exercise.
After the swim I quickly went home, gathered my stuff and Campy and headed to the beach. I was worried about the weather but everything turned out great. Karel biked to the beach and met us there.
Enjoy the pics...