Skip to main content

Yappy Hour

Late Sunday afternoon, Karel and I had the pleasure of taking Campy to downtown Jacksonville for Yappy Hour. I had never been to the Jacksonville Landing (in my 3 years of living in Jacksonville) and I was ready to treat myself to some real ice cream (I assumed there was an ice cream place down there).
I heard about this event from my good friend Laura (Beethoven's mommy). I just love exposing Campy to new things, especially when other dogs are involved. Campy is still too much of a big boy in a small body around big dogs but he just loves sniffing the little ones.
According to this event you are to "B.Y.O.D" (bring your own dog). There was live entertainment, free prizes, drinks specials and the crowning of the King and Queen of Yappy Hour!

Of course we had to enter Campy into the free contest! We filled out a card telling the judges how wonderful and special he is and how much we love him. Of course, every person there (all 40 of them!) said the same thing about their dog. Campy loved walking on the "dog walk" and showing his big smile. He was so cute when he sat at the end of the stage and just smiled at the judges. However, we were sad that he didn't win. I think it was rigged because clearly MY dog was the cutest dog out there! Ok- there were some adorable dogs but in my eyes, Campy is the most handsome and most awesome dog ever!

I Hope you enjoy the pics!
BTW-my mint chocolate chip ice cream in my cake cone was delicious. Campy couldn't wait to try it with me (the mint part, and cake cone, that is). I love planning my occasional treats...to me, it is so much more enjoyable (and friendly to my blood sugar, which I have extreme trouble balancing when I consume added sugar in my diet) to plan a treat than to indulge on a daily basis. When I plan a treat I know what to eat before and after to still keep my diet well-rounded and balanced (I had my strawberry smoothie before the event and a beautiful salad when we came home). I told the ice cream scooper that she could pack the ice cream in the cone and be very generous with my scoop.....oh was she ever generous!

Do you have an occasional sweet treat?
Does your pet have an occasional sweet treat? I was a big ice cream eater but not any more. Weird, I guess my cravings change every year. I just don't crave it like I use to. However, when I'm around Karel (while traveling) I tend to enjoy whatever yummy treat he finds. It is always nice to share :) Campy gets a lot of people food but I think his special treat is steak or turkey when we visit my parents. My dad likes to spoil him :)


















Time for ice cream!