Over the weekend I did a lot of brainstorming and I posted a few questions on my blog that will help guide me in the right direction for my community nutrition project.
I have received a few GREAT emails from blog readers and I really appreciate the time to email me.
If you have a chance in the next few days, I would love to hear your opinion, comment or feedback to the following questions. You can be anonymous via email or leave a comment. Email me email@example.com. Based on your comments I will be creating my community nutrition project to encourage people to adopt a more plant-based diet.
(you don't have to answer every question)
1) Do you feel as if you eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies on a daily basis?
If so, do you feel satisfied during the day or hungry?
If not, why is it challenging for you to meet recommendations?
2) Do you eat fruits and veggies for health benefits or for the taste..or both?
3) Are there factors that stop you from eating fruits and veggies? ex. cravings for other foods, enjoyment of processed foods, money, availability?
Do you feel as if it is cheaper to buy process food/fast food than buy/eat fruits and veggies.
4) Would you buy more fruits and veggies if you could buy from a farmer's market?
Do you shop at farmer's markets and if so, how often (week/month/year).
5) Do you feel healthier when you eat fruits and veggies?
6) Are you on a "diet", an athlete looking to improve performance, trying to maintain weight and/or trying to lose weight?
7) Do you feel as if you eat too many fruits and veggies and not enough grains, fat and protein?
8) Although there is an abundance of articles, books and articles on the benefits of fruits and veggies, what resources would you like to encourage you/hold you accountable to eating a more plant based diet? ex. recipes, health benefits of fruits and veggies, grocery list of seasonal produce, more farmer's markets, guides/checklists, etc.
9) Any other thoughts.....