Skip to main content

My Team

Every athlete has a team. Some people have larger teams than others. A teammate doesn't care about how fast you are or how you place in your age group. A teammate is loyal, honest and cares about your happiness.
Have you thanked your team lately?
You may be telling yourself that you aren't part of a team because you don't pay monthly/yearly dues or you don't train with other people...but really you are part of a team. Perhaps you always look forward to your morning chat with a co-worker because he/she always asks about your training. Maybe your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend asks about your racing schedule and wants to know whether or not he/she can spectate at your upcoming race. Have you ever asked your kids to go for a bike ride or run with you? Does your dog love your morning or evening runs/walks just as much as you do? Do your neighbors or relatives ever ask about your training or better yet, come and watch your races?
We all have people who we count on and rely on to cheer us up when we are down and keep us motivated when times get tough. We have friends and/or family that love to hear our stories about racing and training and perhaps, even feel inspired by what we do on a daily basis.
What race is complete without the volunteers and spectators? Have you ever considered complete strangers part of your team?
I have a really big team and I want to thank each and every one of them for helping me stand at the starting line of IMWI. I would not be here without them and my triathlon career would not feel complete without the following people in my life....

MY GREAT FRIENDS, ATHLETES and BLOGGERS






Katrine, Laura, Jennifer and Mallory....what would I do without you girls!! No matter what workout I am doing, you are always happy to keep me company. I've had some great conversations with you girls on the bike, on the treadmill and in the pool and I love how passionate each of you are for life and for triathlons.
I have lots of friends in the blogging world and it makes me smile to read your comments on my blog and on facebook. I am inspired by every person I meet and I find it special to have so many different and unique people in my life. Thank you to all of my local and web-based friends for believing in me and for always being there when I needed to vent. A big thank you to all of the athletes that I have coached with training and have helped with nutrition. You inspire me to be a better person and I love helping you reach your personal goals!

Marilyn

272 hrs of interning and I couldn't think of anyone else to help me fulfill my community nutrition rotation requirements. I never knew learning could be so much fun! I loved our lunch-times together and sharing our recipes...and of course, lots of doggy-talk. As a runner yourself, I appreciate all of your support and positive words when it came to my internship and IM training. Although my internship was my #1 priority, you really helped me achieve balance in my life and I truely feel as if I made the most out of my rotation. Thank you for everything Marilyn! I loved being your "future RD" aka "dietitian in training"

CAMPY
Words can't describe my love for you Campy, Campy-Camp, Camp, Poochie, Campagnalo, Campochi, Furry little one, Buddy. It doesn't really matter what I call you because you are mine for ever and ever. You never have a bad day and every day is a lottery winning day. The worst part of your day is when we leave you alone but regardless of what our day brings to us, you always greet us with a big smile and lots of kisses. You make our day better because you let us know how grateful you are to be alive and you really do appreciate the little things in life..like having food, clean water and a bed to sleep in at night.
It doesn't matter if it is 6am or 2pm, you never let me down for a great run. You don't even think twice about running with me and I love for that. I don't run for me but for you. I love Campy-miles because I am thankful that I have you in my life and I can share my passion for the outdoors with you by my side...well, more like always in front of me.
You are my favorite travel partner. You keep me company on long road trips and errands around town are always fun with you as my passenger. You love watching Karel race and love to travel, no matter where we go. Campy, Karel and I couldn't imagine our life without you (and your sisters) and we love you so much. Thank you Campy for being part of my team!






MY PARENTS and BROTHER
Mom, I couldn't ask for a better travel agent. All I have to tell you is which IM I am signing up for and I know you will do an excellent job booking flights, hotels and well, anything and everything related to IM.
Dad, you really do take the best pictures. I have so many memories from races because of your fabulous pictures.
Mom, Dad and Aaron, thank you so much for your support and for always believing in me. I don't know where I would be in this world without you all! We have the best family ever and I love when we are all together. I couldn't ask for better parents and I always love having you two at my races, cheering me on to reach my dreams.





HAMMER and MARJORIE
Thank you so much for being my sponsor and for having the BEST nutrition products on the market! I have become such a stronger, smarter and faster athlete because of your awesome line of nutrition products and I don't know how I could get through my racing and training without you in my life! Your clothing is super cute and I am so proud to be a Hammer athlete. The foundation of my training and racing IS Hammer and I strongly believe I am training and racing injury free because of Hammer. Thanks for making such yummy, research-supported and environmentally-friendly products! My body thanks you!
Marjorie, Thank you for giving me the BEST massages! You are so smart and you know my body so well. Without you, I wouldn't be where I am today...injury-free! Thank you for helping me relax, visualize and become more confident with my racing. You are amazing!!



KAREL
Karel, this was supposed to be YOUR year. After IMKY I told you I was going to focus on my internship so that you could enjoy your season of racing without worrying about me training for another IM...alongside doing my internship. You told me that I should sign up for IMWI and as usual, I listened to you because I know you believe in me. I only signed up for 3 races this summer so that we could travel for all of your races but despite my plan to keep the focus on you, you continually stood by my side and coached me. I absolutely love watching you race and your enthusiasm for competition is very contagious. I can't explain how much I love you and how amazing you are as a husband and as my best friend. My life changed the day I met you and since 2006, every day is better than the last day. I love our times together, on an off the bike, and I love living life with you. Thank you for keeping me balanced and happy and for loving me for me. I think you are an amazing manager, bike mechanic, athlete and friend and I am so happy that I can spend forever with you. Babe, I love you SO much and my life feels completed when you are by my side.