Skip to main content

Beautiful Florida Day

I'm currently looking out the window, wondering if I am going to get blow away. Karel is off to ride the hills of San Antonio (Florida) and I have already ruled out a bike ride. The wind is gusting 35 mph and my power tap dish wheel (and front wheel) are not ready to practice in "kona" winds...just yet. I'm thinking a run is going to finish my active recovery, unstructured exercise week after the Jax 1/2 marathon. I'm excited to sit down with Karel and see what we can create for my training for the next 4-5 weeks. I'm really enjoying my well-needed break from interning but I know on Jan 3rd, it's back to the world of being a dietetic intern. But that's ok 'cause I am in the home stretch! With 6 months of interning behind me, I only have 4 to go!!! Only 16 more weeks of interning (32 hours a week) and I will be eligible to sit for the Registered Dietitian Exam. OH MY!!

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Florida. It started off a bit cool but the sun was shining and it was a great day to be outside. Karel and I started our morning with a bike ride. I only rode with Karel for about 45 minutes because he went out for a 5 hour ride and I wanted nothing to do with that :) It was super windy and Karel was doing some intense intervals. I rode with Karel on Thursday morning and although the ride helped to loosen out my legs, it is alway heart-pumping to try to stay on his wheel. But after 4 years of riding (or attempting to ride) with Karel, I can finally keep up with his tempo intervals. Perhaps in 4 more years I can pretend I can sprint with him.....um...I think my slow twitch fibers are laughing right now at that comment.

While Karel was riding, I finished my 40 mile ride and asked my brother if he wanted to go for an easy run. After warming-up with Campy for 3/4ths mile, I enjoyed an easy run (about 8:30 min/mile pace) with my brother, just chatting away. I went about 4 miles and Aaron did a bit more with a total of 6.5 miles. While we were running, my mom and dad went for a walk/jog and covered about 3 miles.

After a morning of working out, we all went to Sunset beach for a little relaxing. Campy had a blast with all the smells of the water.