Confession, Karel and I got out for burgers and fries all the time.
Why eat out when you can enjoy a meal at home???
A heart-healthy YUMMY Marni Creation!!
Vegetarian Burger and Steak Fries:
1 veggie burger
Toppings: Romaine lettuce, steak tomato
Bread: fresh sesame loaf
1 potato cut long-ways, tossed in olive oil and topped with paprika, pepper and a pinch of sea salt. (I like to use long small potatoes and cut semi-thin to cook quickly).
Purple onions, thick cut.
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Place fries on baking sheet, lined with tinfoil. Toss in olive in and season.
3. Place bread in oven for 2-3 minutes or until slightly toasted.
4. Cook veggie burger in oven (on tinfoil in a baking pan) until cooked.
5. Add onions to french fries (toss in oil) and cook with fries. Fries should take around 15 min to cook, they will start to get crispy and a little brown.
6. Assemble your burger and enjoy!
(Not pictured, honeydew that is on Karel's plate)
Chicken burger w/ steak fries
Condiment - store-bought artichoke hummus
Potato - same as above
1. Prepare chick to your liking - I used lemon pepper and olive oil for Karel's chicken and cooked it with the fries (in a separate pan)
2. Prepare burger (with toasted bread) to your liking.
3. Serve with fruit or fresh veggie (Honedew was $2.50 at wal-mart on Sunday and super sweet and delicious. The selection of fruit was sad so in addition to apples and bananas I had to pick up something sweet since the cherries I got the last two times, went up in price)