Skip to main content

Over the Bridge

Just taking a little break from studying. My life is nothing but dietetics. I am really learning a lot but is a lot of work. More work than I ever imagined. I now have quizzes every Fri AND Mon with the new Monday quizzes being RD exam-specific material. I guess with my binder assignments/projects, weekly readings and weekly Fri quizzes, my goal was to just get through the internship, soaking it up and passing my rotations and then prep for the RD exam. I suppose this is a more efficient method of studying for the RD exam but I just don't know how to squeeze in any more hours into my day.
After a chilly group ride (3 hours) and 2 Campy miles, I rested on the couch while eating breakfast (after my recovery smoothie) and managed to watch one of my MANY recordings on my DVR. Not sure why I am recording so many shows but I guess I am saving them for a rainy day...or more like May 1st. That's ok, my reality shows on the DVR make it easy for me to be on the trainer at 5am on Tues and Thurs, for a good 90 minutes. I can easily get through 2, 1-hour shows (skipping the commercials).

Considering that my day has been studying 5 hours straight for my first quiz of RD exam material, my eyes are sleepy and I am wondering if I have it in me to read my chapters on HIV and Cancer for my quiz on Fri???? Karel gets off work at 5pm and I'm thinking that he is going to make it tough to concentrate. That's ok...a movie with my fav boys sounds like a great way to clear my head. Not to worry....plenty more studying tomorrow after my long run.

In other news, Campy did his first BRIDGE REPEATER!!
What a stud.
It was a chilly evening but my good friend Katrine joined Karel, myself and dozen of other runners (or beer drinkers) for the Thurs Trek Beer Run.
Campy ended up running about 3.5 miles which included a run over the beach blvd Intercoastal Bridge. We did a little walking here and there but we ran up the bridge (and down) without stopping.

Campy passed on the beer (I guess he takes after his mommy) and enjoyed his beverage of choice...water :)







Made it to the top of the bridge!