Skip to main content

Asian Tofu Slaw

I don't mean to toot my own horn but this meal is FABULOUS!! While in Pitt, I did my share of eating out (combined with 9 days on the road for Speed Week the week prior). Inspired by many affordable and costly meals, I could not wait to get home to my little galley kitchen (my kitchen is super small but my creativeness is never limited when it comes to preparing tasty and healthy meals!).

Although I am in need of a trip to the grocery store, I had several of the following items in my freezer. Karel did a quick stop at the store on Monday after he picked me up at the airport so with a little creative thinking, I was able to pull together one of my most-favorite meals that I have prepared to-date!
Hope you enjoy!!

(feel free to use as much/little of the following as you like. You can't go wrong with too many veggies!)

Firm tofu (cubed) - I typically use about 1/4th container per person
chickpeas
Broccoli Slaw Eat Smart (I bought mine at Publix, but you can probably find it in veggie section with pre-chopped/packaged veggies)
Spinach
Red Onion
Mushrooms
Corn
Garlic (2 cloves, chopped)
Dry Whole Wheat Spaghetti (or you could use Ramen noodles or your favorite noodle/pasta)
Olive oil
Seasonings - chili powder, paprika, pepper, sea salt (a pinch)
Ginger Soy Sauce (recommend low sodium)

1. Preheat large skillet pan to medium heat. Drizzle with 1-2 tbsp olive oil.
2. Add all veggies and tofu to skillet and stir (lightly) occasionally.
3. Cook for 10 min (or until veggies begin to soften and turn light brown).
Add soy sauce (I used a few "shakes" of the bottle, probably around 1/2-1 tbsp) seasonings around 5 min (I used about 2-3 tsp of chili powder and paprika), a few dashes of pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
4. Turn off heat when veggies are soft.
5. Take pasta (about a dime size) and crack into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to slaw and give a light toss.
6. Cover and let sit for a few minutes.