Skip to main content

Plates Not Pills: Vitamin C

I've always enjoyed writing. My brain feels heavy when it is overwhelmed with thoughts but getting them on paper is very relieving. My undergraduate education was at Transylvania University (http://www.transy.edu/) and is ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in America. I spent 21 years of my life in Lexington, KY and it wasn't until I moved to Florida (for Graduate school at Florida Atlantic University, Davie Campus) that I really discovered my niche for writing. While I believe there are many amazing writers out there, who expresses their thoughts in a profound way (making me think "wish I could write like that!"), I find that writing is a way for me to connect to others based on how I live my daily life.
I would find it rather hard to write these lengthy and informative blogs if I didn't believe my words and act on them on a daily basis. I don't believe in being the blog where it's "do as I say, not as I do". However, along those same lines, the purpose of my blog is to inspire others to live a quality-filled life, focusing on balance and your individual needs and goals.
One area in my life that continues to grow on a daily basis, is my love for cooking. My camera and Desktop Pictures folder are both filled with food photos and there isn't enough time in the day to post every recipe. Some recipes never make it to the blog but that's ok, I am always experimenting and trying new ways of enjoying wholesome food in an effort to create balanced and plant-based meals.
I am really excited about my new column on LAVA magazine (online) which will be a monthly feature on one vitamin or mineral. For my first article, I decided to feature Vitamin C. When I received a bag full of fresh peppers from my friend Marilyn (my community nutrition preceptor during my internship), I was excited to come up with a colorful creation that I could share with others. Although this column is just once a month, there will be shortage of recipes here at Trimarni. I am a big fan of LAVA magazine and am always impressed with the reliable, credible and educational information that is provided by professional individuals in their respected field. I am really honored to be part of the LAVA team. Thanks for reading!

Plates Not Pills: Vitamin C - LAVA Magazine