Skip to main content

The gift of life


The other day, either on TV or radio, I heard someone say "Enjoy the Gift of Life".
A big smile came to my face as I do believe that we each are given a gift to live life to the fullest. However, we must recognize that as we reflect on the past, we must focus on the present moment in order to prepare for the future. Nothing makes me feel more alive and appreciate my life, than being active. I don't have to swim, bike and run to be active and I don't have to have a specific workout to be active. I just love using my mind, muscles and body on a daily basis and I do my best to control other areas in my life, which will allow me to be active for the rest of my life.

As I was reading quotes yesterday morning (which I do several times during the week), I came across this quote which was just perfect to get my through my 5 hour bike which included a 3-hour, power/watts-controlled main set. Talk about mental!!

“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”

(Pic taken yesterday at Karel's race. He had two races yesterday - road race (6th place) and 6-mile TT. Today he has a crit to finish off the Nocattee stage race).




















What activity/workout in your weekly routine makes you appreciate the gift of life?