I had a few requests via email for some "simple" recipes. So here are three of my favorites. While all of these require a little time to "cook", they don't need much prep work or attention while cooking. While the stew is really filling and satisfying, the stir fried peppers and potatoes are great choices to compliment any balanced meal. Enjoy!
Marinara sauce (enough to coat the ingredients)
Seasonings to your taste/liking
1. Cook garlic and onions in olive oil on large pot or pan, medium heat. Prepare Orzo according to package in seperate pot.
2. Add the rest of the ingrediets to garlic and onions and stir occasionally. Add a little water every 4-5 minutes to help with stirring. Keep an eye on orzo in seperate pot.
3. Add 1/2 - 1 serving of orzo (depending on your needs) into bowl and add in stew. Stir until combined. Top with sharp cheddar cheese.
Sea salt , cumin and pepper
1. In large skillet, medium heat, drizzle 2 tbsp oil and add in veggies.
2. Toss well and cook until golden brown.
3. Add 1-2 tbsp balsamic and toss. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper
Baked potato fries
1 large potato (per 2 people)
Sunflower or grapeseed oil
Sea salt, chili powder, and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice potatoes long ways or sliced..or both.
3. Toss in 1-2 tbsp oil and sprinkle of sea salt and a few shakes of chili powder.
4. Bake for 12-20 minutes, or until crispy golden brown.