Skip to main content

Off to clearwater...

Have you ever said to yourself "if there were only more hours in the day!"

I use to think that all the time - wishing for a bit more time. Post graduate school, I refused to give up sleep just to get things done. Sure, some days are 6 hours of sleeping as I lose track of time but long for my morning workout (love starting my day with a sweat!) but my body really needs 8 restful hours of sleep. I don't rely on caffeine or sugary sweets for pick-me-ups during the day but rather, aim for a good night of rest to keep me energized all day long.

Well, I think if I had more hours in the day, I would probably fill those up as well...would you do the same? I do have to say, when I do have an opportunity to relax or travel, I take full advantage of it. As for other times when I find myself relaxing - making creations, making it a "rule" not to eat at the computer (or while doing work), walking campy, reading before I go to bed and just hanging out with Karel.

Speaking of creations...
Last night had a lot of "YUMS" from both me and Karel.

This is a super easy dish.....it may take a little time for cooking in the oven but that just allows you to get things done, to allow for an early-night of sleep.

1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
Red potatoes (sliced)
Zucchini's
Purple onions
Sunflower oil
Lemon pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice potatoes and zucchini.
3. On two seperate baking sheets, line with tinfoil.
4. Drizzle 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil on both sheets and use one sheet for zucchini and the other for the potatoes. Toss to lightly cover in oil.
5. Sprinkle lemon pepper on zucchini. (I didn't use any seasonings on the potatoes but you can season to your liking).
6. Bake for 20-45 min or until potatoes begin to turn brown on edges and zucchini begins to turn soft and brown.




In other news....
I am really excited to speak at the Iron Girl Clearwater Pre-race Dinner in Clearwater Beach on Friday evening! I can't believe the first race of the 2012
Iron Girl,
race series begins this weekend!! I am really excited to be on the course to race the half marathon and to celebrate my 6th (I think) Iron Girl race!
After my morning workout, followed by 1/2 day at Baptist South, Campy and me will be hitting the road to head to my parents for the weekend.

Karel will be joining me on Sunday as he will be racing in the Gearlink Classic race in downtown New Port Richey on Sunday, just about 25 miles away from my race, a few hours after I finish. Talk about nice timing for a racing weekend!

Also,
I am very honored to have been nominated for the Young Dietitian of the Year Award! I am coming on my 1-year anniversary (JUNE) since becoming a Registered Dietitian and have loved EVERY minute of my new, hard-earned, credential.
If you feel I deserve this award, are an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member and would like to vote for other nominees, you can
vote here,