Skip to main content

Ready to Rock n' Roll!

                         



There's something about this course that makes me feel accomplished when I cross the finish line.
But despite the high I get when nearing the end of the race, over the past 4 years, I raced this race two times and both times I finished the race completely exhausted.



What I love about this race is being able to focus on myself. There are qualifying slots to a world championships and there is nothing to prove to anyone with a finishing time.

I will be racing in the open category with some stellar athletes...certainly, on paper these ladies are exceptionally talented. In real life, they shine with talent and I am so excited for them to challenge me and to help me reach my full potential. For on race day, I am out there to race my own race but having a little friendly competition doesn't hurt for me to realistically, test my limits.

I will stay in my zone and stay focused on each task at hand. This course has no shortage of hills and the heat will be blarring.

As soon as we exit the beautiful lake swim, we run right up a steep hill to the transition area...and for the next 69.1 miles, we will be going up and down until the finish line.

To place top 5 overall would be amazing...prize money! However, that's not my ultimate goal. On this course, I know what the conditions will bring and how mentally and physically tough the day will be for my mind and my body. With a little history with this course, my ultimate goal is to break 5 hours. I have had this goal since I started doing the half ironman distance and being realistic based on data, I believe I have it in me on a flat, fast course. But on this course....this has been on my mind with every training session.

Tomorrow I will be pulling out my bank of memories with a few challenging training sessions and races that will remind me that I am ready to give my best effort. No matter the time or place, I am excited to be out there with a healthy body...and with a new age behind my name.

Thank you everyone for the amazing birthday wishes and for reminding me how much I love inspiring others to live a more healthful and active lifestyle....at any age.