Originally, I was going to do a half marathon in St. Augustine on Nov 18th but I don't feel ready. I still feel like I can make more progress so I won't rush this process. Sure, I can run 13.1 miles, but I want it to be a strong 13.1 mile run. I want to dig deep and truely, put my training to the test. That can not be done quickly so I will give it a go in December for the Jax Bank Half Marathon.
Steak,vine or baby tomatoes
Cooked whole grain of your choice (I used quinoa in the bell pepper)
Cheese (I used farmers cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cook lentils according to package on stove top (allow around 20 minutes). I used 1 cup lentils uncooked and I had lots of leftovers. Season w/ a little sea salt and pepper if you wish.
3. On baking sheet, toss mushrooms and tomatoes (whole) in a little olive oil. Season w/ your choice of herbs/spices.
4. Cut off top of green pepper (use a knife and cut around the stem) and remove. Lightly rub w/ olive oil around pepper. Place in oven and cook for ~8-12 minutes or until mushrooms and tomatoes begin to brown.
5. Fill bottom of washed pepper w/ a little cheese and pack with grain. Be sure pepper is sturdy when placed on pan.
6. Drizzle the grain w/ a little olive oil and place on separate small baking sheet (plan 1 pepper per person).
7. Carefully place pepper in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until sides of pepper begin to brown.
9. Slice tomatoes and place w/mushrooms on lentils (I recommend use ~1/2 - 3/4 cup per person).
10. Sprinkle with fresh chopped garlic.