Skip to main content

You aren't eating celery???


Celery isn't the most cravable food. There are those who love celery and those who - well, hate it. Their words, not mine as I am a lover of celery.
I suppose there isn't much to hate about it as it doesn't provide many calories and it is quite tasteless but for some reason, celery isn't the choice when it comes to needing something to snack on throughout the day.

In my recent article for Ironman.com, in my new column "The Triathlete's Kitchen" I choose celery for the reason that it may be neglected in the athlete's/fitness enthusiasts diet. I find celery to be a remarkable food for what it offers the body and the creation I made (Celery, Apple and Strawberry Salad with Coconut Yogurt) is so delicious that you don't need to be sold on the health benefits of celery to add this veggie to your daily diet.

Here's the article and recipe:

IRONMAN.COM


Also - I just finished a 4-month journey with News Anchor Melanie Lawson-Minor. If you are someone who feels stuck and needs some motivation in changing body composition, getting fitter and improving the diet, check out Melanie's story. I had a great time working with Melanie as she was part of the Baptist Heartwise for Women program which involved getting herself screened for her cardiovascular health, taking part in regular exercise and learning more about nutrition. I was not alone in her journey as there are several of us (RDs, RN's, MD's) that are dedicated to changing the lives of women in the Jacksonville community.

Here are the most recent TV segments:
Big reveal: Part 1
Big reveal: Part 2