Skip to main content

Athletes and fitness enthusiasts: a few good reads


I remember this day like it was yesterday. 2006 Ironman Florida.

Months and months of training were put to good use when I crossed my first Ironman finishing line in PCB Florida. What an exciting day...a day that I will never forget. Everyone thought I was crazy for "racing" 140.6 miles but my 24 year-old mind and body fell in love with endurance triathlons and since then, I still continue to find myself  looking forward to another IM journey.

I've been a bit busy with work at the hospital, my business and training...oh, and of course, cooking and snuggling with Campy. Luckily, I get to spend many "dates" with my hubby these days as we are swimming, biking and (not at the same speed) running together on a daily basis. We get to share the highs and lows of Ironman training together and I have really enjoyed every moment (the good and the lessons learned) since signing up for IM Lake Placid last July.

(2006 Ironman Florida - Karel and I were dating. He made me this sign...you will see a few important references such as a burger from McDonald's to make me laugh, animals to make me smile and a sign pointing to Kona to keep me focused at my first Ironman). 

Here are a few articles that I have been quoted in as well as a few helpful articles that I wrote for all the athletes and fitness enthusiasts out there who are working toward individual health, fitness, diet and body composition goals. 

Move out of your comfort zone
Hydrate yourself for summer training