Skip to main content

Healthy, budget and kid friendly lunch ideas

 First off, a few yummy recent creations from my Facebook page that were enjoyed while working at Baptist Medical Center Beaches last week. Delicious fuel for my body and brain to help me be a great clinical RD to be patients.

                                                       Fruit salad oatmeal

Peaches
Strawberries
Blueberries
Apples
Walnuts and sunflower seeds
Oatmeal (1/2 cup dry)
Water (to meet consistency needs)
~10-15g protein (Whey protein - if I don't add it I'm hungry in an hour)
1 tbsp flax seeds
Cinnamon

        
Yogurt parfait

~4 ounces greek yogurt (Fage 0%)
Grapes
Peaches
Strawberries
Apples
Blueberries
Granola (a few spoonfuls)
Trail mix (w/ a few M&M's for to make my tummy smile)



I had so much fun on set of News4Jax yesterday, talking about my tips for planning healthy, budget-friendly lunches for kids with Melanie. Here are the two segments: 

Part 1 - Don't make it complicated and Dips


Part 2 - Un-sandwich and creating balanced lunch meals