Skip to main content

Cauliflower, lentil and quinoa dish



Some of my favorite meals are the ones that involve no recipe but a lot of creativity.

Cauliflower is not my most favorite vegetable but I picked one up at the grocery so I could make myself do something yummy with it in the kitchen. I first thought about baking it in the oven but that seemed rather boring as I was feeling a overly creative yesterday.

As I was deciding what to do with this white vegetable, I cooked some lentils (about 1 cup) in water on the stove top.
I then added some quinoa (about 1 cup) to the cooked lentils (with a little more water) because, well, why not?
I seasoned the lentil quinoa mix with a little salt.

Still stuck with the cauliflower, I softened a pack of sliced tempeh in the microwave for 90 seconds and then cooked it on a skillet in a little olive oil until browned on all sides.

In the same large skillet on medium heat, I sauteed chopped onions (about 1/2 large onion) and garlic (2 large clove) because I knew that it would bring out a lot of flower in my soon-to-be-made cauliflower dish.
I decided I would chop up the cauliflower and do something with it...eventually.

Finally, I added the chopped cauliflower to the sauteed onions and garlic, with a little more olive oil and on low heat, I covered the dish for around 20 minutes to let the cauliflower soften. I occasionally stirred the mix and added a little water to help soften the cauliflower.

When the cauliflower was soft, I added a good amount of shredded fresh reggiano cheese and a few pinches of salt and my dish was finally ready to plate.



I love it when I impress myself.
Yum, yum, yum!

When's the last time that you were extra creative in the kitchen?
Don't stress about it - it's just food.
Meals are simply a bunch of ingredients thrown together.

Be brave in the kitchen as there are no rules.

Have fun creating your future yum and be sure to take a picture of your final product before it goes into your body to make your tummy happy!