It's been a busy week for us with the launch of our new Trimarni coffee blends, and well as everything else that we have on our daily plate - coaching, nutrition consults, RETUL bike fits and training.
Alongside the time that I give to my business (which feels like non-stop, all day, 7-days a week), I make sure to schedule in time for sleep, cooking and eating and exercise. I don't feel it's selfish to take care of my health and to make sure I give myself "me time."
For anyone who is super busy (who isn't??), time management is key. Every person has their own "style" of time management and for me, I need a written to-do list alongside my Google calendar for consultations, private and group training camps and article deadlines. Karel uses his phone calendar. Because there will never be enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished, it's important to make the most of the time that you have.
If you are struggling to take care of your health and/or making time for yourself, don't underestimate the power of small chunks of time to accomplish something important.
I created the most delicious creation for dinner last night and the best part is that you can easily prep the items ahead of time to make it super easy to combine together for a beautifully looking, great-tasting dish. With the help of the microwave and stove top, I got a lot done in a short amount of time and only had to use two pans/pots. I also find it really helpful to prep food before working out as it's easier to make healthy food choices and when you aren't exhausted and hungry, you spend more time enjoying the meal prepping process.
I hope you enjoy my latest creation!
Purple yam, quinoa and Brussels Sprouts bowl
- Purple yam or Sweet potato (cubed)
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 6 ounce Brussels Sprouts (shredded) - I bought a 12 ounce bag of shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 1 package tempeh (cubed) or your choice protein
- Olive oil (at least 2 tbsp)
- Prepare quinoa according to package.
- In a large skillet with ~1 tbsp olive oil, sautee Brussels Sprouts until lightly brown. Season with salt to taste. Toss to prevent burning.
- Cook sweet potato in microwave until soft. Remove peel and cut into cubes.
- Pour Brussels Sprouts onto a plate and in the same skillet, cook cubed tempeh in ~1/2 - 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt to taste (optional pepper/cayenne). Toss to prevent burning and add extra oil as needed.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl to your serving liking (presentation counts and extra points for taking a picture of your beautiful creation) and top/drizzle with your choice cheese, sauce or dressing. For an extra crunch, top with cashews.
- Now stop your busy day, enjoy your beautiful dish and savor every bite!