Skip to main content

It's Race Week!!




High Fives All Around!!

It's race week! 

I've waited seven long months since Ironman Chattanooga to say those words.

On Sunday, I get to experience all the nerves, excitement, questions, low moments, pain, what if's, emotions and fun of participating in a half Ironman. But this time it will be extra special as Karel and I will be sharing the race course with over 30 of our Trimarni coaching athletes as part of the Tri Club Regional Championship at IM 70.3 FL!

Nearing the age of 36 years old, I think back to almost 12 years ago when I participated in my first half IM event in Disney. I had no idea what I was doing yet I loved every mile of it. Fast forward to 12 Ironman finishes, 4 Ironman World Championship finishes and too many half IM events to remember, I feel stronger, healthier and fitter than ever before but my love for the sport hasn't changed. I love the sport of triathlon as it keeps me healthy and happy and provides me with so many amazing opportunities to live life to the fullest.

Racing is a skill and it's something you get better at the more you do it. It's now time to dust off the rust at this early season race and go through the motions of racing. I look forward to the high and low moments of pushing my limits for 70.3 miles as I test my current fitness, strengths and limiters.

And most of all, I look forward to finding motivation and inspiration from other athletes as racing has a special way of bringing out the best in all of us.