Wow - time sure does fly! I can't believe that we raced Ironman Austria in Klagenfurt just under 4 weeks ago and now we are gearing up for a half ironman distance triathlon in Prague!! With only one more sleep until the race, here are some details if you'd like to know more about Challenge Prague.
Marni: Bib 115
Karel: Bib 641
Race information: Click HERE.
Facebook page: Click HERE.
12:05pm CEST - Marni (Female wave)
12:25pm CEST - Karel (Male 35-45 wave)
My only race goal is to try to cross that finish line without Karel passing me on the run.
1.2 mile swim/56 mile bike/13.1 mile run
Course: Click HERE.
Transition area: Strelecky island (Prague)
Swim: River Vltava
Bike: 2 loops, closed course, ~2300 feet
Run: 4 loops, ~300 feet
Predicted race day weather:
High 89 degrees Fahrenheit (start time ~85 degrees)
~63 degrees Fahrenheit
Live Results: Click HERE
Finisher results: Click HERE. (under the athlete tab)
Coverage: Tune into the Facebook page or watch the live broadcast on Czech TV Sport, on the website of Czech TV or through Czech TV mobile app.
INTERESTING STATS (from the event guide)
- Average age of participant of FORD CHALLENGEPRAGUE 2018: 39 years
- The oldest male participant: Jiří Langmajer (CZE) 72 years old (relay)
- The oldest female participant: Ulla Schniewind (DEU) 62 years old (middle distance)
- 45 nationalities will meet on the start line. Of all participants, 20% are women.
- It is the first triathlon experience for 116 participants of FORD CHALLENGEPRAGUE 2018.
- It is the first racing experience in the Challenge Family Series for 665 participants of FORD CHALLENGEPRAGUE.