Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Karel!!!!

Happy birthday to my wonderful husband. The one who calms me down when my stress level is 10x100. The one who makes me laugh when my day seems blah and the one who shares my excitement when I have so much to say and just need someone to listen. And most importantly, the one who will love me unconditionally for the rest of my life.
I love you babe!!!

K - Kind
You are so kind to everyone. I never thought I would marry someone who cares about animals the way that I care about them. Although you keep me realistic that I don't have to rescue every animal that I see, you let me welcome home the special ones. Thank you for giving our fish a burial outside rather than flushing them down the toilet. Thank you for being so kind to my family, my friends and strangers. You go out of your way to help people at the Trek store and I know they love your over-the-top service.


A - Authentic
You are like no one else I have ever met. Ok, maybe the accent kind of gives it away that you aren't from the US but you are unique is your own special way. Your work ethic is amazing and I think that is due to your European upbringing. You are soft spoken when you are have things on your mind and outgoing when you are comfortable in a situation. You are incredibly funny and our close friends see that on a daily basis. You have learned many things the hard way but because you never gave up, you are excelling in so many things. You have taught me so much about myself and showed me how special you are in this world.



R - Really, really fast
The week before we met, our match maker told me that you were "really, really fast". At the time (May 2006), you were only a category 3 rider who just loved riding his bike. Now you race as a category 1 rider and you are placing top 10 in so many of your races. Cyclists in the area like when they see you on the group rides because they know the ride will be much faster than normal. Then when the ride is over, I hear whispers about how exhausted people are from trying to stay on your wheel or chase you down for an attack. Despite your 40+ hour/week work schedule (often 6-7 days per week) as the general manager of the Trek store, you still find time to put in the hours on the bike to make improvements with your training. And lastly, because you are super super fast, and I enjoy your company when I need to train, I have no choice but to work hard and to get faster, in order to be able to ride with you.





E - Eat!

You are a great eater...where does it all go?
Although you have a fit and athletic body, I think it goes unannounced how healthy you are and how much you enjoy taking good care of your body. I know you love your chocolate, wings, wine, beer and sweets but I love how you also enjoy eating your fruits and veggies. With your great appetite you are able to eat all of my creations at night and 100% of the time, clean your plate. Although we don't eat out at all when we are in Jax, I love going to new places when we travel. Thank you babe for keeping yourself so healthy so that I can enjoy many many many quality years with you.


L - LOVE
Thank you for loving me. Thank you for loving my family and my friends. I couldn't imagine my life without you and I look forward to forever with you!