Skip to main content

French toast Bruchetta & Sweet Fruit crumble

I love to cook. I love making time in my day to cook a healthy dinner and I can't wait until 7:10 when Karel comes home to try my creation. Coming up with recipes is so much fun and once I get cooking, I forget about how tired I was after morning training and how busy my day was because I know I will feel so good after I eat my healthy and balanced meal.
Although I cook every day of the week, there are a few (although it is very rare) days where the time passes on by and my dinner creation is put off until the next day. Because Karel and I love healthy meals all day, everyday, I never make excuses for putting something healthy in front of me, 3 times a day.
I've come up with 2 super easy creations (dinner and dessert) for you to make when you just don't feel like cooking or just don't have the time.

The best part about these recipes, besides being super yummy, is that the butter is the only "Non natural" ingredient, out of 17 ingredients, in these recipes. Additionally, you get protein, healthy fats, some veggies and LOTS of fruit in your two-course meal. How great is that for a quick meal!!?!?! :)

Enjoy my latest creation!
*I recommend starting with the fruit recipe and then preparing your quick dinner. You can put in your desert in the oven when you start eating and your warm desert will be ready when you are finished with your dinner.

French Toast Bruchetta

1 slice fresh French Bread
1 ounce fresh Mozzarella part-skim cheese (thinly sliced)
1 clove garlic (thinly sliced)
1 large Roma tomato
Basil leaves, pepper
2 egg whites + 1 whole egg
1/8 cup skim milk
Optional: 2 whole mushrooms (sliced and cooked)
2 tsp olive oil

1. Preheat a non-stick pan to low/medium heat. Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil on center of pan.
2. Scramble eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Dip bread in egg mixture (both sides)
3. Place bread in center of pan. Immediately press several garlic slices on the top of the bread, in the egg mixture.
4. After a few minutes, when bottom of bread begins to turn golden brown, flip bread.
5. Place cheese slices on bread and top with tomato, pepper and basil leaves. Remove when garlic on bottom of bread begins to brown and drizzle with the other 1 tsp of olive oil.
6. Cook remaining egg mixture and added garlic in pan (scramble quickly immediately when eggs touch the pan for 10-15 sec) and let eggs cook for a few minutes before flipping.







Sweet Fruit Crumble
1 small apple (thinly sliced)
1 small pear (thinly sliced)
5 large strawberries (sliced)
1/8 cup cranberries and/or raisins
1/3 cup instant oats
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2. Place fruit on bottom of the pan (arrange evenly in rows, it's ok to stack fruit).
3. Sprinkle cranberries over fruit.
4. Combine oats, butter, honey and cinnamon in a bowl using your hands. Once the oats turn into a slight crumble, sprinkle over fruit.
5. Cook for 20-30 min or until fruit is soft or oats are slightly brown.